Network Adapter Problem

Solved/Closed
straight06vns Posts 6 Registration date Thursday November 13, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2009 - Nov 13, 2008 at 09:20 PM
 smsmawy - Oct 6, 2010 at 04:55 PM
Hello,
I have a Windows XP Pro 2002 Version. I recently just upgraded to that. Since then I can not access the internet. I ran a Network Diagnostic and this is what it states....

info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection 2, Device=1394 Net Adapter, Media Type=LAN, SubMediaType=1394

warn This machine doesn't have any installed network adapters. The required network device drivers may have not been installed

info Redirecting user to support call

HTTP,HTTPS,FTP Connectivity

warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved

warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.mirosoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved

error Could not make an HTTP connection.

error Could not make an HTTPS connection.

error Could not make an FTP connection.

I have no clue how to fix this.. If anyone knows of a way please help Thanks.

12 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 13, 2008 at 09:32 PM
You need to roll back your network adapter driver to the one that used to work.

right click on MY COMPUTER - click on MANAGE - click DEVICE MANAGER - click + next to NETWORK ADAPTER -
you should see an adapter with an error indication
double click on the network adapter line
click on DRIVER - click on "roll back driver" and OK

that should reinstall the old driver. You might need to restart the PC for things to be fixed.
Hi xpcman, when I did all the things you said and got to the "roll back driver" part, it wouldnt let me click on it.... could someone help me?????

-tl
I was looking an answer for the same situation, this worked very good for me, Thank you. I did it.