You have a security problem pop up!

Solved/Closed
Anonymous - Nov 17, 2008 at 04:36 PM
 tomdragon - Jun 10, 2010 at 05:59 AM
Hello, I really need help.

I have a new dell inspiron laptop with a full AVG package but this pop up keeps coming up, I have tried hundreds of websites and hundreds of downloads and nothing has worked. Even if I dont click on the pop up it automatically interupts anyhing im doing. Usually it just tells me a threat has been detected and the name of the threat which is exploit rogue spyware scanner (but ive noticed a few different threat names too) then when I click ok I get a message saying undefined and when I click ok the same message comes up agian only with a question mark beside it. While all this is happening a scan is automatically started which then tells me I have a hardware error in both drives C and D and a security threat in shared documents although I dont have any shared documents nor can I find a hardware error in either of these drives. A message then appears telling me harmful and malicious software detected, it lists 3 programs that are of high alert level, they are; ipexewin.exe; audiopitusr.exe; exeiptransfer.exe. (These are all meaningless to me) Im given 2 options in this message remove or ignore and it doesnt matter what I click, I get a file download-security warning asking me to run, save or cancel. If I click save it saves something which I have never been able to find again and if I click run I get an internet explorer warning, so far I havent went any further just incase but ive tried everthing else.

Sometimes it will offer me scans from a package which do no good. Ive downloaded everything recomended and nothing will work, im currently running a malwarebytes antivirus scan which has taken over an hour and is still not finished.

Im really not great with computers and I would appreciate it if I could get any help at all but in simple terms and steps as I really dont understand computer jargin, I really need simple as in go there and click that please. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Related:

46 responses

run malware bytes then superantispyware....i'm guessing that you have encountered that nasty internet security 2010 VIRUS....trust me this is no kind of help to you and will eventually crash your comp...i had the same problem a short time ago....damned females and myspace!!!!
The directions Ambucias gave for deleting the rogue virus worked perfectly. Took a little over an hour to complete, but without you, I could not have done it. I used a USB drive to transfer files from an unaffected computer to my infected laptop running Windows 7. Thanks so much.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Apr 29, 2010 at 05:24 AM
Hello No_Floaters,

Thank you for your precious feedback. It was a pleassure to help.

Please do me a favor, to stay on the safe side, turn off your system restore for 45 seconds, turn it back on and create a new restore point. You will then have a point and date where you will know it is safe to return to in case of a problem.

Regards
Simple, AVG if thats the problem. go to control panell on the start button. then you find the uninstall of that page it would usually be on the bottom of the page. click. then scroll down to find the program AVG .right click on it and uninstall it. simple if you do it the right way. -jessica

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Shizz, neither Explorer or Chrome would access the internet after running the programs Ambucias suggested. I could use my Firefox though. Even after downloading Explorer and Chrome again, they would not access the internet. But after I used restore to go back 3 days, alll my browsers would work.
I can not open my email or can't play game through internet. What can I do?
I can see the security alert box on screen.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 6, 2010 at 04:41 PM
Hello Najma

Have you bothered to read and apply my March 29th post? Too bad!