Pavilion dv7 scroll bar not working

Solved/Closed
Someone - Jun 15, 2010 at 02:36 PM
 G - Jul 16, 2012 at 01:51 AM
Hello,
I recently got a HP Pavilion and everything on it works great, except for the problem of not being able to scroll with it. I don't even see a scroll bar on the mouse pad itself. I'm wondering if I have to somehow change my settings to enable the mouse to scroll or what else I can do to fix this problem. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 16, 2010 at 04:08 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider getting to its settings in the Control Panel and have the problem fixed.

Thanks.
The way to scroll differs according to the setting you have the touchpad on. To see what the settings are, go to the control panel, hardware and devices and find the mouse. Then go to device settings. Once there, click on the settings and go to scrolling. There will be a number of options. To be able to scroll the active screen without having the pointer over it click on the second setting (scroll selected item). That will make the following more noticeable. To scroll is very simple: tap the pad like you want to click, but leave your finger there, then with your other finger move it up or down. Its that simple.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 25, 2010 at 02:57 PM
Who would have known? Thank you Thecole6
Have tried to find the answers for weeks!!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!!
been to control panel for synaptics and manipulated it all over the place to no avail. Something came down the pike with IE, because it works in Word, Excel, Opera, etc.