My device doesn't work with LAN anymore!

Closed
Herie - Jun 17, 2010 at 07:13 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 17, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Hello, I used to have a net work connection from the local provider using a cable wire, but nowday I do not receive. I think I might have deleted the file that receives the connection. it tells me there is a 678 error as i try to connect. I have an ethernet connection using the banda larga. How could you help me to get it back?

Heradius

Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jun 17, 2010 at 09:47 AM
H i there,

Please refer to link below following the given instructions to troubleshoot the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/892889/windows-xp-sp2-causes-error-678-or-error-769-when-you-try-to-surf-the

Thanks
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 17, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Error 678 is an error that is reported when a remote system does not respond correctly when an attempt is made to connect to the Internet. The Error 678 message appears as "The remote computer did not respond."
Broadband connections

If this error occurs with a broadband connection, it could be because of the following reasons:

* The network cable to your machine may have got unplugged.
* The modem connecting to the Internet may be disabled, or its drivers may be corrupt.
* Spyware on the computer could be playing havoc.
* The TCP/IP stack on your computer is corrupt and needs repair.
* A third-party firewall software is erroneously preventing you from connecting to the Internet.

The options below will help you get around this issue:

* Ensure that your network cable is correctly connected and that the cable is not damaged. Also ensure that the network adapter is enabled. You can do this by clicking Start, then Run and typing ncpa.cpl and clicking OK. After right-clicking the Local Area Connection icon, click `Enable' if it is available.
* Try restarting both your computer and the modem. After you reboot, wait until all applications and services have finished loading. After that, try your connection again.
* If you have Windows XP you can use the netsh command to reset your tcp/ip interfaces. Click Start, then select Run. In the box that appears, type `cmd' and click the OK button. When the command window appears, type `netsh interface ip reset log.txt' and hit the enter button. You can now type `exit' at the command prompt, and hit the enter button. Restart your computer and try again.
* Try reinstalling your modem and its drivers.
* Use a good anti-spyware tool to get rid of spyware and/or adware that may be hindering your Internet experience.
* Powerful firewall programs such as ZoneAlarm can cause the Error 678 to appear during their operation. To try isolating the problem, you can uninstall the firewall program and test your machine. If the program is indeed causing the issue, you should contact its technical support for a solution.