Won't go further than blk screen w/green bar

Closed
hplaptop - Jun 17, 2010 at 01:14 PM
 hplaptop - Jun 17, 2010 at 01:28 PM
Hello,
Hi.
I have an hp pavilion dv2000 special edition. It was on sleep mode and fell to the ground (concrete). At first we thought nothing had happened but when I tried to use it later at night it wouldn't come off of sleep mode, so we removed the battery and then put it back on and connected it to the ac. I noticed that none of the 3 lights would come on (the power indicator, the battery or the one with the litlle 3 discs). Since nothing could get the computer to turn on we opened it. We realized that there was a gap in the upper left panel that maintained the silver panel opened away from the black botom where they should be sealed tight. We thought this was the problem, fixed it, checked for any loose or broken pieces (which were none) and closed it. We tried to start it and nothing would happen. We read in a website to remove the battery and the AC power and press the power button holding it for 30 sec. We did that and it finally turned on. The black screen saying that there was an error came on and asked us to decide one of the safe modes or start it normally and after choosing one mode and hiting enter nothing would happen as if the keyboard was not working. However, the arrow keys seemto be working fine because it let me go up and down when choosing one of the modes. We also noticed that the indicator light for the mouse keeps flashing blue/orange as does the indicator for AC power, and that the scroll indicator light is on. I read somewhere else and tried one of the suggestions of pressing f8 when turning it on, the screen came on asking me to choose a mode, i selected start normally, and afterwards the other sreen saying microsoft corporation with the green status bar came on and stayed that way forever, so i turned it off again.

Today we opened it up again. Nothing seems loose nor are there any broken pieces. Tried resseting it again. The black screen came on saying that some hardware/ software was something (don't remember what it said exactly) and asked me what mode to turn it on. I just left the one that was preselected ("safe and repair"). Now it's been more than 30 min and the black screen with the green status bar and underneath "Microsoft Corporation" is still on, and it won't go any further than that. I don't know what else to do, we really need your help and suggestions please, since we cannot afford a new computer right now and we inmensely need our old computer to work. Should we start it in a particular mode? Should i try again the f8?

Sorry for the long description but I wanted to explain everything we did just in case.

Thank you so very much for your help, I deeply appreciate it.

Related:

1 response

i forgot to mention that i hear the fan running and al the lights are on (ecxept for the one with the three litle discs) and the indicator light for the ac power is flashing
also, before the black sreen with the green status bar, a black screen saying that window is loading files comes on
thank you again for any help or suggestions