My laptop is a real problem!

Closed
aceleon001 Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 17, 2010 - Jun 19, 2010 at 05:51 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 19, 2010 at 07:03 AM
Hello,

I have been having this weird problem in my laptop. It started when I need to do an assignment on a certain class of mine, so as usual I opened my laptop and waited as usual however after the starting windows logo my laptop just had a black screen for a long while so I tried to restart it and when it restarted every time that it is in the middle of the starting windows part it suddenly will restart. I have a backup copy of my files so I decided to re-install my OS however when I was installing it, it ended up hanging at the middle of the installation and every time I try to do it, it always ended up hanging. I tried as many possible OS i can install including windows 7, windows xp, fedora 13, ubuntu 10 and many more and always ended up hanging or having an error occurrence. Do you think it's just the installers of my OS or should I give my laptop a go to the repair shop? Please help!!!

My windows 7 and windows xp are both authentic so I really do not know what is the problem.

UPDATE(as of 9:15PM): I have no OS so far cause I have already formatted my hard disk and nothing new is coming for every time I try to install my OS still the hanging part comes and now even deadlier is that it won't allow me to install any OS anymore for every time the starting windows for the installation comes it would hang up already.

Again the same question Is it just my installer?, Is it my hard disk?, Is it my DVD drive reader? or should I give my laptop a visit to the nearest repair shop?
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 19, 2010 at 07:03 AM
May be your harddisk contain disk errors or bad sectors.
Step 1: Just place you xp cd and boot from it--->when a "Welcome to Setup" screen appears asking you what you would like to do which contains recovery console as one of its option. just press R key--->windows recovery console will be opened---> then select your OS drive location that is if your OS is in C drive then press key and enter the administrator password---> then a command prompt appears--->

c:\windows>

enter this command in that prompt

chkdsk /f /r -----> press enter.