Yahoo Accounts hacking warning

Closed
McGinty - Jun 19, 2010 at 08:58 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 22, 2010 at 04:48 PM
Hello,

I'm glad I found this thread and realized other people were affected.

I got an email from Yahoo asking for all kinds of personal information. I was indignant that Yahoo would ask for my password, my birth date, etc. and threatened to close my account if I didn't respond within 24 hours. I angrily wrote back and said you go right ahead and close that account. If Yahoo has sunk this low I'll happily do without Yahoo. After re-reading I realized the grammatical and other errors could not possibly have come from Yahoo so I treated it as SPAM. Interestingly, there doesn't seem to be any way in which to contact Yahoo to ask any legitimate questions. Obviously the security at Yahoo leaves a lot to be desired when you realize a hacker got in and now has thousands upon thousands of Yahoo email account addresses.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jun 22, 2010 at 04:48 PM
Greetings McGinty,

I wish that all Yahoo users would read your post for there many on this forum who had their account hacked and that is withstanding the hundreds who experienced the same issue with Hotmail, GMail, Facebook, bank accounts, etc.

Thank you for your post.

Farewell