Maintaining a presence on social networks is a key element in digital marketing strategies for companies, brands or professionals. Sometimes having multiple accounts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter can fulfill this strategy. However, you may find that you no longer need a particular account and want to merge it with another. In this article, we will show you how to merge multiple accounts.
- When a company or professional wants to recover the administration of a duplicate account to integrate it into an existing one.
- When the company changes its communication strategy and no longer wishes to use diversified accounts.
How to merge Facebook pages?
As administrator of the pages to be merged, you can request at this link, as long as the pages have similar names, they represent the same business, and their address is the same - if it is a physical establishment.
You can keep the page with the most followers and gain those of the deleted page. In the case of premises or establishments, the number of visits is also added to the page you keep. However, all content on the deleted page disappears (posts, photos, comments, username). You can keep the content history by downloading it in Settings> General> Download page .
Note : Facebook does not offer the ability to merge personal profiles since having more than one personal account violates the platform's community rules. Thus, you can close the account you will not use after assigning your page or group administrator role to the account you want to keep (if applicable) and download your information because everything will be deleted.
Manage multiple Facebook accounts
Facebook allows you to manage 25 pages or advertising accounts on the condition that they are "related" to the user's profile. Although you need a personal account to create a page, they are independent. As an administrator, you can assign the roles of administrator (to a maximum of 25 users), editor, moderator, advertiser, and analyst. You can also enable or disable account notifications and comment as "user" or "page." To switch from one account to another, click on the menu in the home page's upper right corner and select the desired page.
How to merge Instagram accounts?
At the moment it is not possible to merge Instagram accounts. However, you can transition and give visibility to the new account from the account you intend to close like so:
- Leave a link to the new account in the Biography website section ( Edit profile> Website )
- Change your username and post an image to draw followers' attention to the account change.
- Complete the process by contacting followers, either by private message or public comment.
Before deleting the account, save photos from your Instagram on your PC!
Manage multiple Instagram accounts
Since February 2016, Instagram offers the function of managing multiple accounts in the iOS and Android app (maximum 5 accounts per user). To add one, just click on the three-line menu> Settings> Add account. Then each can be accessed from the main interface. The application makes no distinction between the creator and an administrator. Access is allowed as long as the user has the correct password. An administrator must change the account password if they want to cancel someone else's access.
How to merge Twitter accounts?
It is not possible to merge two Twitter accounts. However, as in Instagram, you can give visibility to the account you will keep from the profile bio to close, change the username and avoid any new subscription, choosing the option Protect my Tweets. Finally, contact the most influential subscribers directly from the new account.
It is possible to manage multiple Twitter accounts in the application for Android, iOS, and from your computer on this web page, Twitter Lite or the Twitter app for Windows. Just tap the Twitter icon > Go to Create a new account / Add an existing account.
How to manage multiple LinkedIn accounts?
It is feasible for a user to have multiple email addresses, which will automatically create multiple accounts in the professional social network. Merging duplicate accounts and LinkedIn contacts is only available on the computer version. It requires you to log in to your account and go to Settings and privacy> Account> Account management> Integrate LinkedIn accounts. Confirm the email address and password of the account to be merged. Next, choose the account that will be removed.
What are some social network managing tips and tools?
- Each platform requires constant attention, regular posts, and user interaction to achieve precise goals and build a community of followers.
- A Community Manager is of great value for the external communication of a company since they are in charge of creating, programming and managing content on social networks to communicate with clients more directly, creatively, and personally.
- A good social media strategist allows your business to better manage the time spent and benefit from an ROI (return on investment) that is easier to monitor.
- It is key to adapt your publications to each of your accounts on social networks, even on the same platform, so as not to saturate the user.
- With the help of various online tools, you can follow and manage your activity on social networks more efficiently:
Possibly Hootsuite is the online platform most used by individuals and corporate community managers, who manage multiple social media accounts on a single dashboard. This allows campaigns to be run and monitored from a single location.
Buffer is an online dashboard that allows you to schedule the publication of your content. It is generally used for platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. In addition, the program analyzes the user's engagement and the scope of the publications.
Tweetdeck is an online application that allows you to program tweets , and view and respond to the activity of different accounts on Twitter in a single control panel.
The If This Then That allows you to create automated tasks between your social media accounts, blogs, and applications from recipes or applets . You just need to create an account and give access to your profiles and linked accounts. Thus, as soon as you perform an action, IFTT launches the scheduled task, which can be a publication, for example.