Computer doesn't boot up

Closed
Nast - Jun 21, 2010 at 02:03 AM
 Nast - Jun 22, 2010 at 01:25 AM
Hello,

Yesterday I turned my computer on to check something. Less than 5 minutes after startup my computer suddenly bluescreened, but the blue screen didn't show any text at all, just blue. I forced a power off by switching the mains off. After turning on the computer it powers on, the light on the system unit lights up and the cd reader opens and closes but the keyboard, mouse and monitor don't receive any signal or power whatsoever. I opened up the system unit to have a look. The fans were running fine, but when I took both RAM sticks out and powered on, the mobo didn't make a sound. Tried removing static from the RAM but no results. My computer has already been acting up recently, and the graphics card was recently changed due to the previous card being faulty. Anyone can help me?
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jun 21, 2010 at 07:21 AM
Hi there,

Remove all devices attached to system except mouse and keyboard,also reset bios to default settings then revert back to me with more information with results obtained.

Thanks
How do I reset the BIOS?