Itunes 8 PROBLEM!!!

Closed
ScarFface - Nov 25, 2008 at 07:15 PM
 hummm - Nov 20, 2010 at 08:47 AM
Hello,
People i really need Ur help
i really REALLY need Itunes 8 because i love it :)
and when i downloaded it and clicked on install it comes up with windows installer then starts to install but then half way through i get an error messege saying

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A problem required for the install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

So please guys
HELP :( !!!
Related:

16 responses

Yes, I have the exact same problem. I have my new Iphone for about a week can still can't use it ..

Thinking about sending it back and going back to my blackBerry.
I too am experiencing problems. To date have not been able to install itunes on my Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit machine. I've read al lot, tried a lot of fixes and NOTHING! Apple really needs to address this NOW!
Problemmatic > noargos
Jan 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM
I am also having the problem with the 64 bit. It wont go past the launcher =\
I have the answer - at least htis worked for me !!!

I just went through a nightmare because the software let me download the new OS3.0 for iPhone without having iTunes 8.2 installed properly. This made my iPhone completely unusable. Quelle horreur !!!

Anyway, a bit of digging around later - the solution for me was as follows:

Go to Windows Control Panel
Add/Remove Programs
UNINSTALL THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:

Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
iTunes

REBOOT YOUR MACHINE

Then install iTunes 8.2 This worked - I lost no data or apps whatsoever, all email settings were intact. My beloved iPhone works again. I could not contemplate life without it even for 1 day and was dreading calling O2 tech support.
thank you so much. i have to be up in a few hours but i've been trying to figure this bullshit out. i really appreciate your post.
Hey i tried to uninstall them all but it just says the same thing that it says when i try to install the new itunes...
"the system adminstrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

Anyone know what im suppose to do?
I can't live without my iPhone for another day :(
x
iPod fixer > smiles
Jul 28, 2009 at 01:11 AM
Hey smiles,

I've figured out your problem. Try logging in to a system administrators account and then try again.

Regards,
iPod Fixer
Awesome! Your research and fix was helpful and saved me a lot of time and stress!
try downloading Windows Installer Clean Up here-- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/290301

then delete itunes and quicktime reboot then it will install
relientkhot23
Aug 16, 2009 at 06:53 PM
just go to google and find bonjour downloads
Thank you! Downloading the Installer Clean Up utility did the trick. I have been crazed for weeks, unable to get iTunes removed using XP add/remove programs in control panel Whenever I tried to remove iTunes, I got a message saying I needed to insert the iTunes disk. Using the installer clean up, I was able, finally to get iTunes removed, and then the instal of 8.2 went smootholy.

Thanks again!
when my itunes is installing half way through it says like oops this program doesnt support this file or something like that

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I have tried like soooo many times to download Itunes 8 from my laptop. I get a weird pop up saying does not recognize publisher and if i want to continue running program. Well yeah i hit continue then the blue screen appears and wont let me continue. I called on line support for windows vista and the a holes wanted to charge my credit card for helping me!!!b This is sooo wrong and total B.S. I just got my new Ipod and now I cant enjoy it ! If anyone has ideas well e-mail me. Thanks
Ive had the same problem. i cannot update my new nano but im about to try this.

https://ezhex.blogspot.com/2008/10/fixing-itunes-8-installation-errors.html
For anyone searching for ongoing fixes, iTunes 9 and Windows Vista 64-bit still have communications problems, but as of this writing, there's no official fix. None that works, anyway.

I was able to fix the communications problem - and I'm hoping this helps other people with thinking about ways to reset when there are issues (and maybe a tip to Microsoft and Apple to pick up the phone and call each other sometime).

I don't know for all versions, but here's the system/setup I was having problems with:
iPhone 3G software version 3.1
iTunes latest two versions (current 9.0, also previous version before I tried upgrading)
Windows Vista 64-bit

I've been able to connect my phone to iTunes and download pictures in Windows, but after a recent Windows Update, OR a recent iTunes upgrade, OR a recent Norton 360 update (I didn't know which was the killer) I could no longer see the iPhone in Windows OR iTunes. Nothing could. I couldn't transfer music, couldn't transfer photos.

I did both a RESTORE on the iPhone and UPGRADED iTunes this week to version 9.0 and finally got a solid connection between iTunes and the iPhone. That is the first (current) fix.

But still couldn't "see" it in Windows Vista Explorer.

After reading and reading and reading, and finding no workable solution (I tried: shutting off User Control, shutting down the Windows and Norton Firewalls, tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, and performed those steps in many configurations), I also tried resinstalling the drivers through Control Panel (but it kept finding some generic "Windows Camera Driver" or some such), looking on my computer for usbaapl.sys (not there), I started looking on the web for it (but I'm always nervous about downloading drivers unless from the specific vendor's site), I finally did a search for "usbaapl" - and FOUND a driver in c:\windows\system32\drivers\ called "usbaapl64.sys".

On a fluke, I first created a COPY of the file, and renamed the copy "usbaapl.sys" (since that file did NOT exist on my machine previously).

Voila. I can now see the phone in Windows Vista Explorer.

Someone at Apple isn't talking to someone at Microsoft, I think. Microsoft Vista x64 (with all current updates) is still looking for usbaapl.sys - iTunes is now shipping with usbaapl64.sys.
Caleb1999 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday June 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2009
Jun 20, 2009 at 09:54 AM
i would like to inform you that Itunes 8.0.1 is not compatable with windows vista ultimate.

Caleb A.
For those who want to give up on iTunes and try an alternative to manage iPods and iPhones inc. 0S 3 and 3GS, there is a freeware available here:
https://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager/
just a note there admin isn't that supposed to say trial not free program other wise why would you have to activate and it wouldn't have a 60 day limit
When you finally get through the installation minefield you get the congratulations message from Apple. This installation process has added a whole new aspect to do an installation by making it a challenge. If you complete it successfully you feel a sense of achievement and deserve to be congratulated.

David
(:<>)
nande Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 23, 2009
Aug 23, 2009 at 04:30 AM
itunes sucks under windows, i think its their plan of converting users to mac os, they wanna get you hooked on itunes then they force you to buy a mac... i am getting my mac after this laptop becomes old tho, but i don't think that their marketing strategies are fair... but oh well...
To complex for me, it's better to use CopyTrans Manager https://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager/
Hello,
everytime i try to install itunes i get this error message when it says Publishing Product Information. the message reads like this: An error occurred during the installation of assembly'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", type="win32',version="8.0.50727.762",processorArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:0x80073712. somebody HELPPPPPPPPPP
I am having this same issue...
Hello asd,
I am experiencing the exact same i-tunes upgrade problem that you described in your post (Oct 09); i receive the same error message (towards the end of the upgrade process). My i-tunes will not open anymore!!
Can you let me know if you found a solution to the problem?
I would be very grateful, my daughter got an i-pod for Christmas and I am unable to fill it. Im not very popular!
i have downloaded [/download/download-58-itunes i tunes 9 and my jail broken 2nd gen i phone isnt reconised (as a phone only a camera) i have changed drivers, downgraded to older itunes but nothing works
PLEASE HELP! :-@
I have kinda the same problem but whenever i try to download it, it says save or discard and i cant risk having a virus with my laptop so i dont know what to do.
I'm angry seeing this same problem I am having everywhere and no solutions. Taking my new ipod back TODAY!
VampireWannabe
Mar 18, 2009 at 05:50 PM
I have the same problem, except when I try to install mine, it loads 75% then it doesn't go any further
RBeigher > VampireWannabe
Dec 15, 2009 at 07:01 PM
I started receiving ITunes updates, but when I would try to install them, I would get well into the install and then the program would stall and say that I had insufficient privileges. So, I finally uninstalled my all of my Apple files and tried to down load I Tunes again. I got the down load and tried to install it, but just as it was almost done, I got an error message. I called Apple for help, but because my wife's I Pod was over 90 days old, they wanted to charge me $35 for technical assistance. I will never buy anything that Apple makes again.