My Windows XP system does not boot up

Closed
Jas - Jun 26, 2010 at 01:08 PM
toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 - Jun 26, 2010 at 02:37 PM
Hello,

I have Windows XP in my Desktop. Whenever I switch on my Desktop, it shows Window's welcome screen& then provides me all the options asking in which mode to start the system (Normally, Safe mode, Safe mode wid Networking etc...). I tried choosing all the modes one after the other but the system does not start up.. It again takes me to the screen where all modes are defined.

Kindly help me ASAP.

Thanks in advance !!
Jasmina Tanna
Related:

2 responses

toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jun 26, 2010 at 02:18 PM
Hello,
1) If you have made recent changes to the bios configuration try Load Setup Default or Load Bios Default. You can get into the bios depending on your system by pressing Del key or F2 key... at the start-up of the computer
Then save the changes, exit and reboot.
2) If you have experienced some recent malware problems try Dr.Web® LiveCD. You can read about it here: http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/?lng=en
3) If you have the Windows XP CD-ROM, insert it into the computer's CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive. Restart your computer from the CD-ROM.You would require to modify the basic input/output system of BIOS before you can boot from a CD-ROM.
And try one of these procedures:
*** You think the problem is related to Hard disk corruption: When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start Recovery Console. Choose the partition to repair. If asked enter your administrator password and then type:
CHKDSK /F/R to repair hard drive corruption
*** You think it's a problem of corrrupted boot sector: When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start Recovery Console. Choose the partition to repair. If asked enter your administrator password and then type:: FIXBOOT to repair boot sector
*** You have no idea about the problem, repair windows xp: Don't press R at the beginning, select windows installation, select the partition to repair and then press R. Don't format.
Good luck
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
Arabic Proverb
toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jun 26, 2010 at 02:37 PM
HOW TO PERFORM AN 'IN PLACE UPGRADE' / SYSTEM REPAIR
Hello,
This is a link showing how you could boot from CD and repair XP with pictures
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-repair-windows-xp-2000-if-you-are-unable-to-boot-into-windows.8356/

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
Arabic Proverb