Acer hard drive format problem

Closed
fred - Jun 26, 2010 at 02:38 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 26, 2010 at 03:00 PM
Hello,
I had to replace my hard drive with a new one. I had pretested it it works fine. After I have loaded the systems disk I am asked to load the recovery disks. When I do this the recovery starts then comes to an error message (sometimes but not always Mismatch Type 32) which from what I have learned means the hard drive is not formatted according to Acers specifications. Try as I might I cannot find out what these specifications are, and Acer is no help at all. Help would be appreciated.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 26, 2010 at 03:00 PM
This is one solution that another person posted:

Here's how I overcame this problem with my Acer machine:

I used the old windows disc that came from another computer and began a re-install by deleting all the existing partitions.

I then created 1 large partition and followed the commands to format the hard disk. Once the format hit 100% complete I removed the old windows disc and inserted the 1st Acer recovery disc and followed the prompts.

I would try this method or download a partition tool like Partition Wizard that can run from a boot CD and use it to remove the existing partitions and format the HD.

Good Luck