Blue screen, please help

Closed
sarah - Jun 27, 2010 at 03:33 PM
toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 - Jun 28, 2010 at 03:11 PM
Hello,

When i try to turn on my acer notebook a screen comes up saying; We apoloize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this. then it gives me 5 options: Safe mode, Safe mode with networking, Safe mode with command prompt, Last know good configuration and start windows normally. So i just pressed start windows normally and it starts to load up then suddenly a blue screen appears with writing on but it doesn't give you time to read it, so it turns off and starts to loads up again. Please help im in desperate need.
thanks.
Related:

9 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 27, 2010 at 03:48 PM
Hi,

Try "Last known good configuration"

or

Go to "Safe Mode" and perform "System Restore"

If the problem still exists

Go to safe mode

Click on start--->run-->type msconfig and click OK

System Configuration Utility will be opened.

Click on "Services" tab, select the option "Hide all Microsoft services"(you can find

this option at bottom)-->then click on "Disable All" button.

Click on "Startup" tab and click on "Disable All" button.

then click on OK, now try to boot in normal mode.

Later enable your serivces and startup items.
toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jun 27, 2010 at 04:04 PM
Hello,
You can try Last know good configuration.You will find information about this procedure here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US
If you don't want to do that tell me and we will try to find another way.
Good luck

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand
Chinese Proverb
hello, i tried the last know configuration and lots of words and numbers came up on the screen as if it was checking something then the blue screen with writing on came back up, and then it turned off. I then clicked safe mode and this just done the same thing, didnt give me the chance to click on aything else.
thanks.
toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jun 28, 2010 at 01:22 PM
Good evening Sarah,:)
Take a look to the messages I post here https://ccm.net/forum/affich-407749-my-windows-xp-system-does-not-boot-up#p407788
For your notebook it's the same procedure but using a USB CDROM or an external DVD Drive and of course the CD or DVD of your operating system: XP , vista, 7. Configure the bios to boot from your USB or external drive. To repair Vista or 7 , no R but upgrade..
Any other question are welcome
Good luck
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Chinese Proverb

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 28, 2010 at 01:39 PM
1)When you switch ON your notebook, keep pressing "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears click on "Esc" key and keep pressing F8 key)
2) Select the option "Enable VGA Mode" and press enter
Jun 28, 2010 at 01:59 PM
Hello Jack,
Great idea. So you think the problem is related to screen resolution. Because if you press F8, and then click Enable VGA Mode on the Windows Startup menu, Windows starts with a screen area of 640 by 480 pixels with low 8-bit color and may use an OEM video driver, not the standard VGA driver.
Good Good Good

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
Chinese Proverb
Jun 28, 2010 at 02:15 PM
Hello toubib,

ya may be she is having problem with her corrupted display drivers.
Jun 28, 2010 at 02:00 PM
Hello Jack,
Great idea. So you think the problem is related to screen resolution. Because if you press F8, and then click Enable VGA Mode on the Windows Startup menu, Windows starts with a screen area of 640 by 480 pixels with low 8-bit color and may use an OEM video driver, not the standard VGA driver.
Good Good Good
hi, i kept pressing F8 and then selected Enable VGA Mode and it started to load up but then the blue screen appeared and it went off again.
any other suggestions, i desperatley need to access my work.
thank you.
Jun 28, 2010 at 03:11 PM
Hello Sarah,
It seems you don't understand what is that blue screen? It's a Blue screen of Death...And it's coming on start up. Most IT would tell you format !
We are trying to help you so take a look to the message I posted below and follow the procedure. If you don't want that format and install new windows. You didn't tell us what is your operating system: