Dell Inspiron 1564 white screen

Closed
khan - Jul 6, 2010 at 06:24 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 17, 2010 at 05:54 AM
Hello,

Here is problem in my newly laptop Dell Inspiron 1564. When I start it it screen shows
totally white .
After again and again start it is start and after some time or during my working it is again
shows white display. Behind operating system is running but screen goes to white completely.
My laptop in warrenty.
Tell me some thing about this

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jul 17, 2010 at 05:54 AM
Hello Lapricon,

If my solution did not work it is because you have a serious hardware problem which must be attended to by a live technician. Unfortunately I am unable to see from here inside your computer.

Sorry
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jul 6, 2010 at 06:35 AM
Hello.

Please try this solution:

In order to fix this issue, you first need to regain access to onscreen display. You can do this by either booting in safe mode (tap the F8 key on your keyboard repeatedly as the computer is starting up) or by temporarily disconnecting all but one of your monitors.

After you have started up and have access to your display, you will need to create a .bat file that kills the dwm process at startup. Follow these steps.

1.Launch the Notepad application and create a new text document
2.Type the following text into the document: taskkill /F /IM dwm.exe
3.Save the file as displayfix.bat
4.Copy this file to C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup
5.Restart
I\ve got the same problem.but doing what you said only changes the theme somewhat, and the displayfix.bat file only runs on windows startup, the screen goes white on startup of my laptop, which shows its a hardware prbblem.

HELP!