I cannot open any documents or pics in my pc

Closed
pacy - Jul 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Michelle125 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2010 - Jul 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM
Hello,

while browsing on internet, the pc started freezing, I cancelled all the aplications and noticed that some of the items in my desktop where desapeared and the ones that remained became highlighted.
Every since that moment I am not able to open any of the documents saved in the pc, Word, exel PDF files not even pics, nothing. I can still see the files and documents but I can't open anything.
I tryed opening files from external hard drives and it works but nothing saved on the pc.

Please help me on this one

RGDS
Pacy

Related:

1 response

Michelle125 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2010
Jul 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM
"If" you picked up spam, others will tell you to get an antiSpam software to clean up your drive. After many many hours of doing that, you will see that you can't really get rid of the spam. Reformat is the only way.

DON'T click on any popups that say they are antispam. Yes they will "CLEAN" your PC and do it permanently.

But you obviously need your files. If you can copy them to your external drive, do that now before the spam spreads. If not, you can buy a USB adaptor, then remove your drive and connect it to another PC by USB as an EXTERNAL drive. Then copy your files. Or you can add the drive to another PC as a 2nd drive so you can copy the files. You obviously need to be comfortable with removing hardware to do this.

If you decide to take this mission, good luck, Mr. Phelps