Vista hangs at copleating instalation [Closed]

-
 anney27 -
Hello,
i am formatting my pc after a bad memory stick caused a problem have replaced memory trying to do clean install of vista but gets to compleating instalation where u get the 3 dots and wont move on so put xp on then tried vista again still same problem all i know is that it is a sata harddrive 2gb memory duel core processer 2.4 ghz and a nividia geforce 9600gso thnx

2 replies

Hi anney27 ,

well i can understand that xp install correctly whereas vista is not,seems a problem with either the dvd drive or the installation disk itself,try another copy if it .
Thanks
disk is fine managed to install it but freezes when installing updates xp worked but wouldnt connect to internett doing a os upgrade see if can do it that way have been told could be harddrive my harddrive is a maxtor diamondmax21 sata 160gb but only registers as a 149 gb and when vista is installed it is using nearly 17gb of space and thats before ive put anything on ive had problems formatting it since i bought it nearly 2 years ago everytime ive formatted it it has took loads of atempts please help could it be my hard drive.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!