Dell dimension c521 on vista startup problem so computer can't turn on

Solved/Closed
simo - Jul 5, 2010 at 10:57 PM
 simo - Jul 7, 2010 at 07:44 AM
Hey all, I've recently had a problem with my dell in which when I am logged on, I have 78 new windows installations ready
. I didn't install them and hours later I found my computer in start up repair. Now everytime I turn on my computer it goes to a black screen saying 'due to a recent change in hardware or software, windows failed to start'
I
I get 2 options, one being start windows normally; which results in a failed start and a return to The black problem screen. The second option is to launch startup repair, if I do that then. It tries to repair and after a few min it says:

Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically.

After that it shuts down and that's all I can do

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 6, 2010 at 02:58 AM
Start your computer and quickly insert your Windows Vista installation disk into your CD-ROM drive.
As the first words flash on the screen, look for text that says something like "Press F11 to choose boot device." If you are not presented with that option, you may have to enter your BIOS and change your boot sequence. Consult the documentation for your motherboard to find out how to do that.
Press the key indicated and boot from your CD-ROM drive. Windows Vista will begin to load files; this might take awhile.
Choose your language settings when asked, then click "Repair your computer."
Choose "Startup Repair" from the system recovery options that are presented. Windows Vista will diagnose the problem and restart automatically or give you specific suggestions about things to do to manually fix the problem.
Thanks so much michel! Your a lifesaver! Thanks!