Reinstalled XP boots to F1 screen

Closed
Judyfromtx - Jul 29, 2010 at 11:49 AM
 Judyfromtx - Jul 29, 2010 at 06:20 PM
Hello,

I had to purchase a new hard drive for a HP Pavilionzd7000 laptop, and reinstall Windows XP Home Edition. I have reinstalled it twice (clean install) trying to fix this problem, and the same thing happens. It boots to a black "invent" screen that says Press esc to change boot order, Press F10 to enter setup or F12 to Boot from Lan. Then, it beeps twice and a second black screen comes up saying to Press F1 to resume, or F10 to enter setup. I press F1 and it loads Windows with the Welcome screen then desktop. After this, it seems to work great. I installed Service Pack 2, but it makes no difference. It does it before and after SP2. I am no expert, and have spent two days trying to fix this. Can someone PLEASE help me make this computer load directly to Windows! Thank you so much for trying!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 29, 2010 at 09:12 AM
Hi there,

Get it bios ,load default settings then make first boot device cd drive to install windows and disable boot from lan and others .if already installed windows then make boot hard disk first boot device on list,

Thanks
Thank you for trying to help! I have already installed Windows, so I did as you said, and made HD first boot device on list, but it made no difference. It still is doing the same thing. I don't know how to disable boot from lan (I don't know what Lan is). My choices on Boot devices are: Hard drive, CD-Rom Drive, Removable Devices, and Realtek Boot Agent. I have tried making them all (but removable devices) first, and nothing has helped. I really appreciate you trying to help me!

Thank you very much!