Acer Aspire one A071h

Closed
Robbie P - Aug 3, 2010 at 07:52 AM
 Steven - Aug 20, 2010 at 06:14 AM
Hi all, im not a comp person at all, but have athe knowledge of the basics. i have this notebook and i bought it mainly for the net so i can keep in touch with friends whilst im away. I slide the wireless button across and the symbol says either off or on but nothing else happens. I try and go through the menus to find the wireless mode but there is nothing. i was told this comp has the application. Am i missing something here very simple? Any help will be great, Thank you Rob
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Hi there,

When you activate the wireless option you need to search for the available wireless network then connect to it,do you have wireless network at home or not?please conform with more information on type of network access you own.

Thanks
Hi there, thanks for the responce. Yes i have wireless at home, im on it now on another laptop and i can also access it on my phone but on the notebook, i can not even find an option to search for a wireless connection? It says in the spec it has it, but i cant find the button to press to start searching? Does that make sense? All there is in the network files is lan or fast internet which i have tried with the cable and its great but not wireless?

Cheers for reply again, Rob
Did you buy the machine new? If not maybe the factory image OS has been reinstalled and the wireless drivers are not installed. You kind find the drivers on the acer website.