My Toshiba laptop will not turn on

Closed
thomas - Aug 4, 2010 at 05:36 PM
 Munna Master - Feb 17, 2011 at 04:50 AM
Hello,

Hi i have a Toshiba lapto and it won't turn on. I was watching a video (The Office) online and half way through it clicked off, and i haven't been able to turn it on since. So i have been looking for answers on the internet but i can't find any and it has been like a month now and nothing. I don't think i had any viruses though my brother did accidentally install that anti virus software ( that is what it is called it have liek a title or w/e).i'm thinking that may be the problem because when he first installed it it would pop up saying i have like 30 viruses ( i later learned it was just a scam though i never did pay money) but then it quit popping up at all i thought it was gone. I haven't had any problems with it since that. So if anyone can help me that would be amazing because i really don't wanna have to take it to the shop.
Related:

5 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 9, 2010 at 04:13 AM
Hello awaisqarni,

Try this 1.

Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

https://ccm.net/faq/9066-laptop-screen-won-t-turn-on

Good Luck.
when you switch on ,observe your DVD indicator is flickering or fixed glowing .It should be fixed glowing then long press to switch off.Remove your battery and then hold switch on for 45 second and directly connect power cord without battery.Finally connect your battery.See that it start .If not then switch and open your ram case and remove both ram or one ram and try switch on after fixing.If not then don't waste further time it is hardware issue ,get it to service centre.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 7, 2010 at 04:50 AM
Hello,
What happens when you turn ON your laptop ? Is your CPU FAN running ?
Same problem with my A300... any help?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
@jack4all:
bro i have similar prob althought my cpu and processor keep on running but lcd dont show display!!???
can u give any suggestion?