Pc wont start up spelling errors in safe mode

Closed
Guy - Aug 18, 2010 at 08:55 AM
 eastman32 - Sep 28, 2010 at 06:23 PM
Hello,

My pc recently crashed randomly, after resetting it, it ran but in non-widescreen mode then got stuck on the windows loading screen, i reset again only this time to get to the "would u like to load safe mode" screen, except it looked like a three year old had tried to spell..

There are random letters and symbols in between words, for instance it says " Start wifdows noreally" when i select an option it freezes during the windows XP loading screen, i have taken my pc apart cleaned it and put it back together, if i plug my screen into my internal graphics card it runs normally (except it runs in non-wide screen mode) i dont think its a driver issue because iv unplugged my harddrive and it gets to the "boot from cd" screen only with more spelling mistakes. The BIOS screen also has mistakes in it.. im guessing its either a hardware problem with my graphics card or mother board... any ideas??

my graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce 8500GT

thanks
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 19, 2010 at 04:46 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Check all the connections. Check the VGA cable.

2) Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another

slot. Check the RAM also to make sure that it working properly. You can check

your RAM using memtest86+ application. You can download it from the below link.

http://www.memtest.org/

Or you can check by placing another RAM in the slot.

3) If you using video card, then remove it and place it back properly. Also make

sure that video card is working properly.

4) Check your monitor also.

Good Luck.
I currently have the same problem with the misspelled commands; I have the same graphics card as well.
Have been checking out forums on the black screen of death as this seems like the same problem, but I haven't had any luck restoring my computer as yet.
What were you running when it crashed?