LAN and wireless connection problem

Closed
Neil - Aug 22, 2010 at 07:23 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Aug 23, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Hello,

I have a laptop that connects perfectly to the internet when directly plugged into the router, however it will not connect either wirelessly or to the LAN.

The router is correctly set to issue both IP addresses and DNS details automatically and the laptop is set to DHCP and to have the IP issued automatically.

When connected to the LAN (and wireless) ipconfig shows all the details correctly - but it won't connect to the internet.

I have updated the laptops' card drivers, I have power cycled the router. I have run netsh and winsock repair utilities.... I can't think what else to check! Any help would be very welcome.

Related:

1 response

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Aug 23, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Maybe you did not configure the WAN/Internet setting correctly on router, that's why your laptop failed to connect to Internet via router. Recheck your WAN/Internet setting and if possible check the Internet status on router management page.

If you need more ideas, this is an example of wireless router configuration, feel free to take a look. Hope it helps.