Desktop icons are gone

Closed
green - Aug 23, 2010 at 11:37 PM
 green - Aug 23, 2010 at 11:37 PM
Hello,

something similar happened to me. First, I went to safemode and pressed alt, ctl del to bring up task manager. I went to file and pressed start new task. I pressed browse and then enter desktop. I then found supe ranti-spyware from task manager and scanned my computer. It found a trojan that sent a false message to stop internet explorer from loading. after the scan was complete and the trojan removed I restarted my computer in normal mode. I then pressed alt, control delete and brought up task manager. I then went to file and started a new task. I entered browse and look at what was on my desktop. I saw that my internet explorer was missing so I opened up google chrome and went to the microsoft website and downloaded internet explorer. after internet explorer downloaded I restarted my computer and all my desktop icons reappeared
Related:

1 response

something similar happened to me. First, I went to safemode and pressed alt, ctl del to bring up task manager. I went to file and pressed start new task. I pressed browse and then enter desktop. I then found supe ranti-spyware from task manager and scanned my computer. It found a trojan that sent a false message to stop internet explorer from loading. after the scan was complete and the trojan removed I restarted my computer in normal mode. I then pressed alt, control delete and brought up task manager. I then went to file and started a new task. I entered browse and look at what was on my desktop. I saw that my internet explorer was missing so I opened up google chrome and went to the microsoft website and downloaded internet explorer. after internet explorer downloaded I restarted my computer and all my desktop icons reappeared