Dell Latitude D620 LAN card

Closed
JRO - 24 Aug 2010 à 12:53
 SheltonMac - 7 Dec 2010 à 12:37
Hello,

I recently bought a Dell Latitude D620. It is using windows XP and has a broadcom netxtreme 57xx gigabit ethernet LAN card.I tried connecting it to another machine running XP but the its NIC doesn't respond.It doesn't give any green or red lights and it says the media is disconnected.When I go to the device manager, it says the device is working properly.Am puzzled as to what the problem may be. Any body out there; please give some advice.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
24 Aug 2010 à 13:03
Hello JRO ,

Please be more clear on the provided information,what have you tried connecting to another machine as its a laptop.

Thanks
It almost sounds like you tried to plug an ethernet cable directly between two computers - which won't work with a regular cable. You either need to get a hub/switch and connect both to that - or get a 'crossover' cable.