Touchpad left click button not working [Solved/Closed]

cpt89 1 Posts Tuesday August 24, 2010Registration date August 24, 2010 Last seen - Aug 24, 2010 at 08:13 PM - Latest reply:  ADel
- May 21, 2018 at 02:04 AM
I can no longer left-click using the touchpad button on my laptop. The actual touchpad works fine, and so does the right click button. I use the touchpad button quite frequently, so this has become very frustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried shutting my computer down and removing the battery, and I have also tried removing the powercord. Neither worked.

I have an Asus notebook, Vista 64-bit.

I'm not very computer-savvy, so please keep that in mind when you reply. Thanks!
See more 

21 replies

Best answer
jack4rall 6505 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateSecurity contributorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Aug 25, 2010 at 07:22 AM
Thank you
Hello,

Try this 1.

Slightly lift the button at the ends using a pin or anything and blow the

compressed air inside it and also at its sides.

Good Luck.

Thank you, jack4rall 249

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1295 users this month

thank you it really worked in a jiff.Best resolution ever received. Thanks a lot
This worked for me! Thank you! I just pushed down one of the mouse buttons and lifted the edge of the other one with my finger nail. I then did the same to the other one. And hey presto - they now work! That saved a call to IT and probably an hour of lost work. Thanks :)
Oh my god, this simply worked!! After one week with the button broken, it got fixed as simply as that. Thanks a lot!!
Thank you so much!! used your method and it works now!!
Thank you
I went into the control panel - clicked on mouse and switched to a left hand button. Then I switched it back to a right-hand button and it seems to have resolved for now.

I am in Vista on a Vaio.
Computer Illiterate - Mar 7, 2011 at 02:46 PM
Just worked for me as well. Thanks for the suggestion!
netsa77 491 Posts Thursday July 17, 2008Registration date September 28, 2010 Last seen - Aug 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Thank you
Hi there,

The key may be damages you mentioned its used frequently in this situation you need to have it replaced or use a usb mouse with it.

Thanks