No audio devices are installed (Fujitsu) and

Solved/Closed
Gombeto - Aug 26, 2010 at 07:47 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 7, 2010 at 07:30 AM
Hello,

I searched before asking but none of these solutions helped me.

Three days ago my Fujitsu Siemens Pi 1536 suddenly crashed - the screen went crazy and I pushed my laptop's power button off. Then I turned it on and everything went okay - then I realized I have no audio drivers anymore. No sound, nothing.

- 'No audio devices are installed.'

- Windows can't detect a problem or automatically update.

I tried to reinstall them (Realtek) but this didn't help me. Tried every possible way to make things work. Uninstalled them; reinstalled them; installed them over the old ones; disabled and enabled... Still nothing.

Of course, after that I decided to reinstall my Windows 7 (clean install). I never had problems with installations until now. I boot from DVD and it loads the files, but then black screen comes with a cursor and restarts after 3 seconds. So it's kinda a restart loop. Burned Win 7 on five different DVDs - none of them work! It's the black screen with cursor over and over again. I thought it may be a problem with my Graphics. For example it can't change resolution or something but I don't know how to resolve this. I know these DVDs work because I tried them on my other laptop and they start with no problems.

So I still can use my laptop but there is no sound. And I cannot reinstall my Windows. I'm stuck and I'm going mad now.

Do you guys know any solution? I'd be sooo thankful!

Just tell me if you need more info about my laptop:

I have Fujitsu Siemens Pi 1536
Processor Intel (R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66 GHz 167 GHz
RAM 2.00 GB
32-bit Operating System
I currently use Windows 7 Ultimate

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2010 at 07:07 AM
Dear Sir,

Your system is lacking some essential drivers that should be installed. Please make use of the Driver Detective application in order to have the drivers that you are missing.

Thank you.
I solved my problem by using a new USB sound card. Seems like my laptop's original sound card is broken forever.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 7, 2010 at 07:30 AM
Gombetto,

Thank you for informing us. That is nice.