MS Office (2003)

Closed
Annie - Aug 28, 2010 at 09:20 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 7, 2010 at 05:40 AM
Can anyone help. I've got a problem today, as Outlook lost all my e-mails (and all my folders where I've saved e-mails).

The problem arose when I was turning on the computer - the power plug got switched off by mistake. When I turned the computer back on, all my other files are OK, but Outlook threw up a message saying it could not access the folder.

i have a hard disc where I back up, and had backed up yesterday, so I restored from here. Unfortunately, I must have adjusted the settings on this as it only restored e-mails up to August 2009, so that's a year out of date. All my ones from the last year were not there.

Finally, I went to the System Restore facility and restored the whole computer to where it was yesterday, but the e-mails are still 1 year old.

Finally, I contacted BT (my ISP), and they re-set my Outlook, as they said if there were any e-mails still on the server they would be re-sent to me. There were none.

I have now exhausted my limited knowledge of computers. Does anyone know how I can get my e-mails back? I have a Dell computer that is supposed to have an automatic back-up system, but I've no idea how to use it.

Any advice much appreciated.

Annie
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2010 at 05:40 AM
Dear Annie,

Please have your system restored to the date where they were still on the computer to see whether the problem gets solved.

Thanks in advance.