Many applications and files run alongside Microsoft office software. One of these files is Pro11.MSI which allows you to customise anything associated to office software. This file incorporates security and language settings, installation sources and the setup process. If you do not have the installation DVD for MS Office and are therefore unable to update Pro11.MSI file, you can manually create an XLStart file. Follow the steps below in order to resolve this issue.
To update to Pro11.MSI and manually create the XLStart file; follow these steps:
Right-click Start and then click Explore to open Windows Explorer.
- In Windows Explorer, locate the folder that contains the installation of Microsoft Office 2003, Office XP or Office 2000.
- Office 2003 is installed in the following folder:
drive: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11
- Office XP is installed in the following folder:
drive: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10
- Office 2000 is installed in the following folder:
drive: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
- Depending on the version of Office you are running, select Office11 ,Office1o.... Click File > New > Folder
- Rename it as XLStart and close Windows Explorer.