Problems with the Sharper Image Mp4 player?

Closed
Stacy - Aug 29, 2010 at 08:28 AM
 confused:/ - Dec 27, 2010 at 04:44 PM
Hello,
Is there ways to put more games on the player? Its for my son and I need to put games on it and photos but I don't have a clue what to do, thanks fro any help.

Related:

5 responses

Don't feel bad, it appears EVERYONE that buys this product has trouble. however, if you're familiar with using Windows Explorer, you can "drag and drop" the files to your device.

Find the Start button or the Windows bubble in the lower left-hand corner of your computer screen. Right click this icon and you'll see the word "Explorer" in the top of the list. Left click on Explorer. Doing so will open a window up that basically gives you an outline view of all the programs and files on your computer.

Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable (the power cable without the plug attached). Disregard the Vue program that attempts to open. However, open Explorer as described above. Then find the folder where your music is located. Afterwards, scrolling down the "outline tree" you'll see the drive in which your device is connected. Located on this drive are the files residing on your device. Notice the Audio folder and the Video folder.

Go to the music folder on your computer. On the toolbar at the top of the window, under the edit button, click on "Select All". When you do, you'll notice all your music is highlighted. Now scroll down to the drive where your device is located and place your cursor over the Audio folder. Right click over the folder and click paste. Your files will be placed in this folder.

After the transfer is complete, disconnect your device, turn it on, go to the music folder and touch or click on the "Add files" icon. The music will "magically" appear.

This is absolutely a pain of a process but necessary in order to use the device. I hope this helps and you're successful in getting your files uploaded and enjoy the device .... no thanks to the Sharper Image huh?
i have the same problem i would suggest you ask a profesianal and put the answer back here.
Dremorain Posts 22 Registration date Friday November 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2010 2
Nov 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Nicely done, Tony. You can also try Syncing it via Windows Media player/ iTunes (It is mp4, after all.)
It should appear on the left hand side (for both media players) as whatever you have it named. (Eg; Sharper Image Mp4 player). Then just drag into the Sync tab and hit 'go'. (Not really 'go', but you get the idea.)
this is the easiest way tht i jus happened to figure out. well fist click start on your computer then go to my music(if u hav no music ther then srry) after tht go to the top of the page were a toolbar shud be click edit then click select all which you'll see all the icons highlight. on the left hand side of the screen click copy the selected items.you'll see a list of your computers programs click the mp4 one and then hit(click) copy wait a while and then after its done pull out the usb to the mp4 turn it on go to files hit internal disk then scroll down to see your music magically appear:)!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Aug 30, 2010 at 08:18 AM
Hi there,

You need to check on official website of the device manufacturer if games are available then definitely you can add more,for the pictures its just drag and drop or copy paste in respective folder,

Thanks