IM manual settings

Solved/Closed
Rajakumar - Sep 7, 2010 at 09:09 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 8, 2010 at 08:58 AM
Hello,i am using nokia 2700 mobile.
In my mobile,there is a pre installed sub menu That IM(instant messaging).There is no settings from my network service provider.
I contacted them they suggested me to contact nokia care.
My e mail service provider suggested me to contact your internet service provider for manual settings.No one can fulfil my request.I have an account in Gmail.if I know the SERVER ADDRESS FOR GMAIL I WILL CREATE MY IM SETTINGS MANUALLY.
Login failed because I created manual IM settings.due to incorrect server address My login failed.please give the server address of gmail for IM.

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 8, 2010 at 08:58 AM
Hi there,

To use the service of im on your mobile phone you need first of all activate internet service on it,for which you need to contact your sim card network provider and they will guide you freely,if your handset is not supported by their network then other way is to change sim to another provider supporting your handset,if your service provider is listed on link below then you can use them on your handset instead of calling them:

https://ccm.net/faq/6594-gprs-manual-settings-airtel-bsnl-hutch-etc

Thanks