By default the settings menu of Google Chrome opens in a new tab. If you want to open it in a new window instead, follow the simple procedure below. We will also show you a shortcut for how to quickly open Chrome settings.
Is there a Chrome settings shortcut?
On Mac computers you can press CMD + , to open the settings menu. On Windows computers, you can enter chrome://chrome/settings into the search bar to quickly bring up Chrome settings.
How to open Chrome settings in a new window?
If you want to open Chrome settings in a new window instead of just in a new tab, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type the following in the address bar and press Enter.
- Scroll to Show settings in a window
- Select Enabled.
- Click on the Relaunch now button.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- Chrome //settings/passwords facebook
- Set the Default Zoom Level of Google Chrome Webpages
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox > Guide
- Turn off Search and URL Suggestion service on Google Chrome For Android
- Enable the Offline Auto-Reload Mode in Google Chrome
- Enable the FPS Counter on Google Chrome
- How to access the Google Dashboard G Suite?
- How to fix Google Chrome cursor bug
- How to enable extensions in incognito in Chrome
- How to send link via email with Google Chrome extension
- How to block camera and microphone access on Chrome
- How to install extension in Chrome: Android, manually
- How to reset Google Chrome settings: to default, Android
- How to turn off auto translate in Chrome: Android
- How to change download location Chrome: Android, Mac
- How to check Google Chrome: version history, for updates
- Speed up Chrome browser: Windows 10, PC, on Android
- How to see downloads in Chrome: Android, iOS
- How to access Google USA: from other countries
- Restore Google toolbar: in Windows 10, on Android tablet
- How to clear auto-opening settings on Chrome: 2021
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- How to find saved passwords in Chrome: Mac, Android, PC
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- Enable WebGL Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome