Sound problem + Slow PC + BSOD

Closed
qwertysad Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2010 - Sep 8, 2010 at 06:34 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 21, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Whenever I turn on my computer and the windows startup music plays, a distorted and fuzzy sound happens. This fuzzy sounds continues when I try and listen to music. The funny thing is that when I listen to any sound on my laptop this fuzzy sound occurs at first and gets even worse (kind of sound lagging which makes my laptop lags too) but then after a while gets better and better until there is only a little distorted sound happening (if I bear with the distorted sound lagging). Is it my hard drive? I used to get BSOD when starting my computer too, but now whenever I keep my laptop unattended for a while a BSOD shows up and the computer shuts off. I always come back to see my computer closed.

My laptop is really slow at startup, not to mention the fuzzy sound. After using it for a while it gets better but is still slow and sound is still distorted but much less than when I first turned on my computer.

Laptop specs :

Dell Inspiron 1545
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHZ 2.20GHZ
Ram 4GB
64 bit OS
ATI Radeon HD 4330

Sometimes it even cause shockwave flash in chrome to crash. I don't know it this is a hardware or software problem. I am not experience at computers.

Help!

Related:

2 responses

Mattie Posts 26 Registration date Friday July 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2011 12
Sep 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM
The computer makes a clattering sound and the sound persists.
One of the fan motors (either in the power supply, the case, or the CPU) is malfunctioning.
The fan needs to be immediately replaced. If it's the power supply fan, then install a new power supply.
The CPU fan is hitting a cable or a wire.
The obstruction must be removed immediately. The fan will stop working and/or whatever it's hitting will be destroyed. If the CPU fan stops working, then the processor will overheat and fry.

Follow these steps and you'll have your computer purring like a vintage Porsche (or whatever your dream car of choice is). And the best part? Maintaining your computer is a lot less messy than an automobile. You don't even have to roll up your sleeves.

Clean up disk errors (Run once a week)

Whenever a program crashes, or you experience some power outage, your computer may create errors on your computer's hard disk. Over time, the errors can slow your computer. Luckily, the Windows operating system includes a Disk Check program to check and clean any errors on your computer and keep it running smoothly.

Remove temporary files (Run once a week)
Your computer can pick up and store temporary files when you're looking at Web pages and even when you're working on files in programs, such as Microsoft Word. Over time, these files will slow your computer's performance. You can use the Windows Disk Cleanup screen to rid your computer of these deadbeat files.

Rearrange your data (Run once a month)
Don't be shocked, but your computer can get sloppy. Your computer often breaks files side by side to increase the speed of access and retrieval. However, as files are updated, your computer saves these updates on the largest space available on the hard drive, often found far away from the other adjacent sectors of the file.

Make Internet Explorer run faster
The Web is a sparkling achievement of modern society. It's everywhere--from the home to the classroom. We use it to communicate, to work, to play--even to waste time when there's nothing else to do.
qwertysad Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2010
Sep 9, 2010 at 04:53 AM
Thank you for replying.

Is it really my fan? My laptop runs quit whenever i'm not listening to anything on it. The fuzzy noise only happens whenever I try to listen to something regardless from where the sound comes from such as the speakers or headphones.
qwertysad Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2010
Sep 9, 2010 at 04:55 AM
I checked my hard drive and cleaned up my disk for now, I also ran a virus scan.
Blocked Profile
Dec 21, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Actually this problem bothered me quite a long time too, but recently I find functional software which can fix all these problems just with one click: tuneup360, maybe you guys could have a try.