PC won't book

Closed
daveinreallife - Sep 10, 2010 at 03:04 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 10, 2010 at 03:22 AM
Hello,

My desktop (Dell Inspiron) won't boot. It worked fine yesterday morning but won't boot now. No sounds coming from tower. If you power on tower, the power light comes on, and i can hear some initial sounds but then nothing. Monitor indicator light stays yellow and no 'boot messages' appear on the monitor.

The last time it rain yesterday morning, the screen froze up with horizontal lines going across. I did a hard reboot because it wouldn't respond to soft reboot, closing programs, mouse or keyboard commands.

Could this be a dead hard drive or motherboard? Virus problem?

Thanks

Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 10, 2010 at 03:22 AM
Hi there,

Well try removing the graphic card from pc and clean it with alcohol or with a rubber eraser then fix it back on motherboard also checking the vga cable and power on system.If required you must replace it with a new one.If you issue is solved please give your feedback.

Thanks