Write date and time of files to a txt file

Closed
skyesmech - Sep 19, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Richard.Williams Posts 25 Registration date Saturday November 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2012 - Sep 19, 2010 at 09:20 AM
Hello,

I want a batch file that I can copy into a directory and then run it that will read the date and time the files were created and write them into a text file. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Skye

Related:

2 responses

Richard.Williams Posts 25 Registration date Saturday November 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2012 14
Sep 19, 2010 at 09:20 AM
I understand the problem.

Here is a script.

# Script CreationTime.txt
var string directory
var string list, file, time
if ($directory=="")
    exit 1 "Error 1: Directory not specified."
endif
cd $directory
lf -n "*" > $list
while ($list <> "")
do
    lex "1" $list > $file
    fdinfo -c $file > $time
    stex "^/^l]" $file > null
    echo $time "\t" $file >> "./timelist.txt"
done

Script is in biterscripting. Save the script in file C:/Scripts/CreationTime.txt, run with this command in biterscripting.

script "C:/Scripts/CreationTime.txt" directory("C:/directory")

It will list all files in directory C:/directory and their creation times (yyyymmddhhMMss format) into file timelist.txt.
Blocked Profile
Sep 19, 2010 at 12:25 AM
Dear Sir,

You can easily have these information by right clicking on the file and getting to its properties.

Thanks in advance.
I know and if I had say 20 to 30 files I could do that and be just fine, however I have 3400 pictures from trail cameras that I want to try to find a pattern as to when the pictures where taken. To see if the animals in the pictures have a routine to there day. So looking at each file individually and then typing that in to a text file would take way to long. Also each week I have another 300 or so picture to add to the list.

Thanks for your help