I cant install any updates for my vista compu

Closed
newton08 - Dec 21, 2008 at 12:48 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 21, 2008 at 02:20 PM
Hello,
whenever i try to update my pc it comes up with an error code 80244019 and i dont understande why its doin thing can anyone help PLZ!!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,825
Dec 21, 2008 at 02:20 PM
I found this information about error 80244019 - I hope this helps:

Error Found: Code 80244019 when trying to run Windows Update in Windows Vista indicates a problem in connecting to Windows Update Server. As a initial check, check if you are having connectivity problems. Also, if there is a proxy server used in your Internet Explorer, try to disable the proxy and check if that helps. This may not work in some corporate environments. Please check with your network administrator in this case.

If all looks fine then this could be a problem in Windows Registry and you may have to make the following registry modifications:

1. Click Start - Run, type regedit and press enter.

2. Navigate to the following Registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Policies
\Microsoft
\Windows
\WindowsUpdate
\AU

3. Once in, from the right-pane, change the value of the key

"UseWUServer"=dword:00000001

to

"UseWUServer"=dword:00000000

4. Reboot the Windows Vista PC and that should fix the problem.

I've seen a lot of of our users did not find this resolving the problem. One other thing I would suggest in Windows Vista is to stop or disable the "winHTTP Web Proxy Auto Discovery Service"

WinHTTP implements the client HTTP stack and provides developers with a Win32 API and COM Automation component for sending HTTP requests and receiving responses. In addition, WinHTTP provides support for auto-discovering a proxy configuration via its implementation of the Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD) protocol.

To stop the service

1. Click Start - Search for Services.msc and press enter.

2. In the right-pane, scroll down to the "winHTTP Web Proxy Auto Discovery Service". Right-click and select "stop".

3. Now, start Windows update and check if that helps.