HP Pavilion dv4-1135ee ,BIG PROBLEM PLZ SOS.

Closed
YOUSRYABDELWAHID Posts 5 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2008 - Dec 22, 2008 at 03:22 AM
 omid - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Hello,
I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP - HP Pavilion dv4-1135ee Entertainment Notebook PC -
THE HARD DISK SIZE IS 250 GIGA WITH 2 PARTITIONS
C/ 240 GIGA WITH WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32-BIT WITH SP1 INSTALLED.
D/ 10 GIGA A RECOVERY PARTITION

AS SOON AS I BOUGHT IT I MADE THE 2 DVD RECOVERY RECOMMENDED

NOW THE PROBLEM.................................

AS I DO NOT LIKE TO KEEP ME DATA IN THE SAME PARATION THAT CONTAINS WORKING SYSTEM - WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32-BIT WITH SP1 , I USED DISK MANAGEMENT TO SHRINK DRIVE C TO GET 100 GIGA OUT OF IT
SO I CAN USE THE TO CREATE A NEW PARTATION CALLED F:

THE OPERATION DONE
I COULD SEE IT IN DISK MANAMENT AND SHOWEN WHIN I OPEN MY COMPUTER

SO FAR SO GOOD!

I MOVED MY FILES AND PUT THEN IN THE NEW DRIVE F
AND LIFT C WITH 150 GIGA

BUT AFTER 3 DAYS

I PUSHED RESCAN FROM TOP TASKBAR INCLUDED IN DISK MANAGEMENT

SUDDENLY THE NEW CREATED DRIVE DISSAPPERED FROM MY COMPUTER!!

BUT STILL EXCIST AND SHOWEN WHEN I OPEN DISK MANAGEMENT BUT I COULD NOT EDIT IT OR EVEN RENAME IT!!
AND WHEN I TRIED TO DO ANY ACTION EVEN TO FORMATE IT
AMESSAGE APPERED SAYING

(( The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console
view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If
the problem persists close the Disk Management console, then restart
Disk Management or restart the computer ))

AS THE DATA I STORED IN DRIVE F
WHICH I CAN NOT SEE IN MY COMPUTER

I TRIED TO USE A PARTITION MAGIC TO CHANGE DRIVES

THE DRIVE ALSO APPERED IN PARTATION MAGIC BUT WHEN I TRIED TO CHANGE ANY STATUS OF IT

AMESSAGE APPERED SAYING:-

File system type
Unknown
Paragon Partition Manager has discovered problems with this partition. It must have been caused by an incorrect geometry. In order to resolve the issue, please collect LOG-files and send them to our Support Team

THE ONLY ACTION ACCEPTED WAS TO FORMAT IT

I DID SO HOPING TO RECOVER DATA AFTER FORMATING!

THE OPERATION DONE

AND THE PARTITION OPTIONS APPERED AGAIN IN DISK MANAGEMENT

BUT THE DRIVE DID NOT APPER WHEN I OPENED MY COMPUTER!!

I DECIDED TO MEARGE BACK THE DRIVE F WITH C AS A FINAL STEP TO SEE DRIVE C WITH THE SAME SIZE BEFORE 240 GIGA

PARTITION MAGIC REFUSED TO APPLY AS C IS AN OPERATION SYSTEM AND OFERED TO APPLY WITH FIRST RESTART

I ACCEPTED AND MADE RESTART

IT DID SOME STEPS AND I WAITED
TO RESTART AGAIN
AFTER RESTART

EVERYTHING DISSAPPERED!!!!!

THE ONLY THING I CAN SEE IS HP IN THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN AND AT THE LEFT BOTTOM THE NORMAL MESSAGE AT STARTUP SAYING:

PRESS ESC KEY TO OPEN START MENU

AND NOTHING DONE AFTER THAT!!

I PUT RECOVERY DVD 1 TO RECOVER
BUT IT DID NOT FEEL THE DVD DRIVE EITHER THE HARDDISK!!
I PUSHED F11 TO RECOVER BUT NO CHANGE HAPPENED!!
I PUSHED F10 TO CHANGE BIOS SETTING
A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING
BIOS SETTING BUT NOTHING AFTER EVEN I WAITED HOURS!

SORRY FOR ALL DETAILS , JUST TO GIVE ANY HELPFUL WORD

NOW MY QUESTION:-

IS THE PROBLEM CONCRNNING BIOS OR HARDDISK
OR MOTHERBOARD

WHAT I HAVE DONE WRONGE?
AND WHAT CAN YOUR UNDERSTAND FROM ALL THE STORY I TOLD

PLEASE HELP ME

THANKS
Related:

12 responses

i have same laptop seating next to me , "i have been there"

use it at u own risk !

forget HP disc recovery and get u a copy of acronis true image 11,
to make sure u r going to back up a clean windows , go ahead get u a cup of coffee and run HP recovery follow the step until your done with it, do not install any program , do a full windows update.

once done !

turn off windows system restore its under system propriety / system protection ! to save same space.

uninstall programs u do not / you wont need "its loaded with junk ware" , to save more space.

grab a DVD and burn that folder "SWSETUP" then DELETE IT form your hard drive, to save even more space. do not loose this DVD.

check your HDD propriety ! i hope the used space is under 2oGb.

install acronis !

run it ! and go to the menu and create a bootable CD.

turn off your laptop and and reboot form that CD ! to make sure it works !

u have 2 choice : how to make a back up with acronis !

1 let acronis do that in a secure zone, u ll lose some space "play it safe and specify around 20gb when your asked to do so" and follow your instinct :) until you do a full system back up "do only hdd C".

once done !

boot form hdd and whipe out the partition D : kill the damn thing "u should have by now only C : "

reboot from the CD

and DO A RECOVERY !

in the process you will be asked how much space you wana use :D for that , shrink it to 70GB, i guess its good enough for the system WITHOUT YOUR personal data !!!!

and follow your instinct until your are done with that recovery in a small partition , in my case its 70Gb its all i need, u can do less or more it really depend on you, 70Gb is good enough for vista and other tools that i use,

good !

now your set ! create a new partion with the left over space, well follow your instinct.

the second chose which i did !

u make sure the CD is workin ,
u go back to windows , and format that D: , u r going to use it to back up your C: in D: using acronis,

boot form cd , follow your instinct, NOP dont use secure zone ! u pick the partition D to back your system,

once done , u do a recovery and u chose how much space u wana use to recover your system , well shrink it to your need and recover your system ,

reboot your system ! and your set !

my back files is about 7Gb which u can burn in dual layer DVD and save it in case of BIg trouble

the easiest and the best way is IF U R ABLE TO,
grab a DVD and burn that folder "SWSETUP"
do a clean install format the whole hdd , create partition as u like
BUT where is the damn vista64 DVD !!! :D (im not able to i dont have the vista dvd :\)

short vesrion ! : create your own back up ! do not use hp back up use acronis,
So, do u mean your system fail to boot windows !
you kinda lost me here ! sorry

but can you answer my question :

- can you boot into windows ?
- (u cant pass the bios screen ! .

- u cant see the WHOLE hdd along with the dvd ? , or are you saying your BIOS fail to detect both, or are you saying only your partition disappeared ?

- was it possible to boot form the dvd ! are you sure its a bootable DVD by the way ?

- can u boot from your dvd ?, try to use a windows xp cd and see what happen.

try this :
Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download
https://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

salam
YOUSRYABDELWAHID Posts 5 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2008
Dec 23, 2008 at 12:33 AM
DEAR MR ANDRO

THANKS FOR YOUR PERFECT UNDERSTANDING

YES, I CAN NOT BOOT INTO WINDOWS

FARTHUR MORE I CAN NOT INTER BIOS SETUP EVEN I PUSH F10 TO GO TO BIOS SETUP
THE MESSAGE TELLS ME WHEN I PUSH F10 :- ( BIOS SETUP)
BUT NEVER ALLOW ME TO INTER THE BLUE SCREEN EVEN IF I WAITED ALONG TIME

ABOUT YOUR QUESTIONS
---------------------------

- can you boot into windows ?
I ANSWERED THIS ONE ABOVE

- (u cant pass the bios screen ! .
AS I SAID I CAN NOT EVEN GET INTO BIOS SETUP SCRREN

SO THERE IS NO WAY TO SEE IF BIOS CAN DETECT EITHER HDD OR DVD DRIVER

THE THIRD QUESTION
- was it possible to boot form the dvd ! are you sure its a bootable DVD by the way ?

THE DVD I USED WAS A RECOVERY DVD WHICH I USED THEM BEFORE - AS I MENTIONED IN THE MAIN TOPIC -

SO THEY ARE BOOTABLE.

UR LAST ONE WAS:
- can u boot from your dvd ?, try to use a windows xp cd and see what happen.

PINGO!!
I DID SO BEFORE AND IT IS A BOOTABLE CD , BUT THE BAD LUCK CONTINUED AN BECAME SURE THAT BIOS DOSE NOT FEEL ANY DRIVERS.

NO I THINK OF EITHER TWO CAUSES
FIRST...BIOS WAS NOT EXIST ANY MORE OR NOT WORKING
SECOND...THE MOTHER BOARD IS HAVING A PROBLEM

A FRIEND TOLD ME TAHT THE HARDDISK MAY - AFTER BIOS TRYS TO BOOT FROM IT AND FAILS - MAY EFFECTS ON THE BIOS IT SELF SO IT CAN NOT CONTINUE BOOTING FEOM ANY PLACE ELSE.

MAYBE BUT I THINK THIS IS CORRECT IF I REMOVE OUT THE HDD AND RESTART WITHOUT IT

I AM NOW TRYING TO LOCATE THE HDD POSTION INSIDE THE LAPTOP
SO I CAN DO SO

CAN U HELP PROVIDING ME WITH DETAIS AND PHOTOTS TO DO SO?

MY LAPTOP IS :-

HP Pavilion dv4-1135ee Entertainment Notebook PC

thanks again

AND I HOPE I NOT CAUSING U MUCH EFFORT

BYE
andro > YOUSRYABDELWAHID Posts 5 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2008
Dec 25, 2008 at 12:03 AM
i have the 1155 pretty much the same, sorry i was busy lately , i hope u figured it out by now, i was about to suggest you the same, to remove the hdd and boot your laptop, it seems like the hdd is missleading the bios that why it hang on you,

the hdd is located in the (bottom) lower right , u may need a screw driver to open the lead and take it out (its pretty easy to do)

good luck !

and if it doesn't, i hope it steal under the one warranty, just call hp warranty service, i had to do so with another laptop, they fixed it for free including pick up and delivery,
YOUSRYABDELWAHID Posts 5 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2008 > andro
Dec 25, 2008 at 12:21 AM
HI andro
THANKS ALOT
YES
WHAT I SUGGESTED AND U AGRRED WITH ME WAS RIGHT
THE DDH WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM

HP SERVICES IN MY COUNTRY WILL REPLACE WITH A NEW ONE IN ONE WEEK

THE PROBLEM NOW IS MY PERSONAL DATA ON THE DDH

THE ENGINEER SAID THAT THE BOOT OPERATION IN THE HARD IS NOT WORKING
AND DATA CAN NOT BE RECOVERED

HE NEEDS TO GIVE BACK HP IN DUBAI IN THE GULF MY HDD !!!
SO THEY CAN SEND A NEW ONE TO REPLACE

I AM AFFRAID THEY CAN GET OUT MY DATA!!!

DO THINK DATA RECOVERY FROM A HARDDISK WITH BOOTING PROBLEM POSSIBLE OR NOT?

SHOULD HP WARRANTLY INVOLVE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE INCLUDING MY DATA?

WHAT DO YOU ADVISE ME WITH?

SHALL I DRAW MY HDD AND BUY ANTHER ON MY OWN

JUST TO KEEP MY DATA?

MUST I GIVE THEM THE DAMAGED HARD TO GET A NEW ONE?

THANKS MY BROTHER

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY
andro > YOUSRYABDELWAHID Posts 5 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2008
Dec 25, 2008 at 01:56 PM
Hey
u may need to try a hard drive data recovery tool, it may help
like this one
https://www.stellarinfo.com/
u better google hard drive data recovery
different tools use different approach to recover data where some fails others prevail
most have that 30 days trails

one more thing :)

https://www.newegg.com/vantec-cb-isatau2-usb-to-ide-sata/p/N82E16812232002
VANTEC CB-ISATAU2 SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter

u cant live without that (sata / ide adapter) make sure u get the one that support laptops hdd, in case u keep your hdd u will deftly need it, it will be very useful now and later on, even better if your current hdd still working , which u try in another system as well and hopefully recover your data
salam
plz i already changed my OS vista to xp and finish all steps but need the sound driver 4 my hp dv4 1135 ee,i set up before more drivers but there is no drive work correctlly,so plz anyone help me,thanks friends.
HI,
Can anyone help me out that I m facing big problem after format previous Vista and fedora10 and want to installed Windows XP, but now I m unable to boot from windows XP CD as well any of bootable cd/dvd. but when I try to boot from fedora 10 it able to boot. so DVD/CD is also working fine .
so how can i boot the CD/DVD in my laptop( lenovo G410) so that I can able to installed windows XP first as well as fedora 12 after that .
Plz suggest me as son as posiable or send me onmy mail id pawiks@gmail.com.
Its purely a bad luck Man. See if there any options to boot from that recovery disk. and choose it to boot from recovery DVD. I fit do boots from your DVD then go to HP Support Centre and if it is not feaseable to you then the final solution is that Open the back cover, took hard disk out and connect via SATA to USB coonector (available in the market). Connect to another pc. Recover your Data. Then format it and try a clean installation.
YOUSRY ABDEL WAHID
Jun 26, 2010 at 05:08 AM
GOOD , THIS IS THE BEST THING TO DO , THANKS ALOT

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
YOUSRYABDELWAHID Posts 5 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2008
Dec 22, 2008 at 07:01 AM
THANKS ALOT MY FRIEND

BUT I THINK YOU DID NOT READ THE FOLLOWING;-

(( AFTER RESTART

EVERYTHING DISSAPPERED!!!!!

THE ONLY THING I CAN SEE IS HP IN THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN AND AT THE LEFT BOTTOM THE NORMAL MESSAGE AT STARTUP SAYING:

PRESS ESC KEY TO OPEN START MENU

AND NOTHING DONE AFTER THAT!!

I PUT RECOVERY DVD 1 TO RECOVER
BUT IT DID NOT FEEL THE DVD DRIVE EITHER THE HARDDISK!!
I PUSHED F11 TO RECOVER BUT NO CHANGE HAPPENED!!
I PUSHED F10 TO CHANGE BIOS SETTING
A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING
BIOS SETTING BUT NOTHING AFTER EVEN I WAITED HOURS! ))

MY BROTHER,

THE DVD DRIVE IS NOT ACCESSABLE AND ALL F.. ORDERS ARE NOT APPLIED
FOR EXAMPLE

IF I PUSH F10 TO INTER BIOS SETUP
A MESSAGE TELLS MY
BIOS SETUP
BUT NO ACTION IS DONE EITHER A BLUE SCREEN APPEARS , EVEN IF I WAIT 60 MINUTES

CAN U ACCORDING TO THIS NOTICE HELP ME TO MAKE THE DVD DRIVE ACTIVE
THEN I CAN HAVE OPTIONS TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

THANKS
Dec 29, 2008 at 11:59 PM
HI andro
THANKS ALOT
I NEEDED TO HELP ME KNOWING THE ANSWERS ABOUT:-

DO THINK DATA RECOVERY FROM A HARDDISK WITH BOOTING PROBLEM POSSIBLE OR NOT?

SHOULD HP WARRANTLY INVOLVE HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE INCLUDING MY DATA?

WHAT DO YOU ADVISE ME WITH?

SHALL I DRAW MY HDD AND BUY ANTHER ON MY OWN

JUST TO KEEP MY DATA?

MUST I GIVE THEM THE DAMAGED HARD TO GET A NEW ONE?

THANKS MY BROTHER
Hey

U will wont recover your hard drive, but you may recover some of your data "hopefully most", you will need an EXTRA hard drive to do that, "the recovery will do from hard drive a to hard drive b", so far until now i wasn't that lucky to recover a hdd to its original state, usually from a hdd to another safe place usb or what ever.

HP wont care about your Data lose, so far they may ship a new hard drive loaded with all their junk ware.

i suggest you :
U can always try to get the cable i shown u , and try to recover your hard drive in UR FRIEND'S PC if you don't have an extra PC at your place.

in case you buy a new hdd you will need to buy a windows vista x64 CD as well, buy the OEM version its cheaper, if you are lucky enough to borrow the cd you will not have to buy it, you really don't need an extra vista license while you already have one. (THX HP for not providing the cd),

in case you can not recover your data from another pc, while using your own hdd as external device, send it back to HP and request an exchange for the exact system you have (require that its should be preloaded with vista)
Hi.

I dont know if you have found a solution for this but I had the same problem and i resolved it by using a program called Partition Find and Mount and the program helped the problem. It came with hirens boot cd. You can find the program on this website: http://findandmount.com/ And you can run the program from Windows.

When you have installed the program. Start it and choose Scan the harddisk and it will ask you to choose between Intellectual Scan, Norman Scan and Thorough Scan. You have to choose Thorough Scan and wait. It can take a while but at the end it will find all partitions. When it has found it just right click on the partition and choose Mount as.. and you will be able to see your files.

Its not sure that you can copy files from the partition to another partition, I tried it and it didnt work. So i used another program to copy and past files from that partition to my externel harddisk.

I suggest that you backup your files externel harddisk and and delete that partition and the one that you shrinked. My conclusion is that shrinking a hardisk is not stabel or safe.
Hope that you can use this for something.
my laptop keeps restarting and freezing can you help me I would love to know how to reboot it
I just started my hp pavilion dv4 and I get no picture. I am on the washington coast and no one answers at HP tech on a sunday evening. Anyone no something I can try
les
andro my recovery partition is gone and no recovery disc. plz somebody upload the ISO file of the recovery disk.pleaseeeeeeee!!!! i wil b very thnkful to him.m waiting.
plz tel me what can i do..................?
my laptop dvd drive is up to date is over
i have a notbook hp paviltion dv6-1030us
and not come up system after press Esc key to startup menu
only diplay show cursr
no show any thing after press esc.....