Unable to format 64GB transcend pendrive [Solved/Closed]

franky - Oct 2, 2010 at 11:11 AM - Latest reply:  nellyta
- Feb 19, 2013 at 06:32 AM
Hello,
recently ive buyed a 64gb transcend pendrive,it was woking fine but later on I could not format it,it is ex-fat...
when I insert my pendrive on the computer then it says tht u need to format your pendrive before u use.but when I format it ,it shows tht windows was unable to format..now its gone useless.so any1 out there please help me as soon as possible...
thanks

See more 

22 replies

Best answer
jack4rall 6505 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Oct 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Thank you
Hello,

Try this 1.

Click on the below link and try "JetFlash Online Recovery"

http://www.transcendusa.com/products/online_recovery.asp

Follow the step by step instructions.

Good Luck.

Thank you, jack4rall 7

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1762 users this month

yah but it said volume too large,still not formatted...
:(((
jack4rall 6505 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Oct 3, 2010 at 06:37 AM
Hello.
Try this 1.
Plug your pendrive --> Click on start --> In search box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
Device manager will be opened. Double-click on the "Disk Drive" or click on "+" to expand it --> Right-click on your pen drive -->Properties --> Click on "Policies" tab -->Select the option "Optimize for performance" -->Click on OK--> OK.
Now try to format the pen drive in NTFS file system by right-clicking on the pen drive in my computer -->format--> select the "File System" : NTFS from the drop-down menu -->Click on format.
Or try formatting it from the command prompt
Click on start --> In search box, type cmd and click on OK. Command prompt will be opened.
Here I assume your pen drive drive letter as G:
Enter this command
format /fs:NTFS G:
Press enter and follow the instructions.
Note : Don't forget to replace the letter "G" with your pendrive drive letter.
Note If you having problem with it again then include the "/q" that is
enter this command
format /q /fs:NTFS G:
Note : Don't forget to replace the letter "G" with your pen drive drive letter.
Good Luck.
try HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool for formatting ... it works !!
Thanks a lot....jack
Thank you
You are the best jack :-) It helped me to solve the problem.