Explorer.exe is being deleted by norton

Solved/Closed
umesh - Oct 10, 2010 at 02:35 PM
 big e - Nov 6, 2010 at 01:31 PM
Hello,
since morning I am facing a problem. that is my norton antivirus delete explorer.exe file from system folder reporting it as virus by auto scan, displayed as explorer.exe(suspicious.mystic) and it follows the detection of an another file temp.tmp as a virus in the windows folder.
please help in this regard..!!
thanks for your support.

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 10, 2010 at 03:53 PM
Hello Umesh,

Good old Norton is doing it again! What a waste of money that is.

When your Norton licence expires, I recommend that you purchase another trouble free application.

Now to ensure to delete the virus which Norton was supposed to protect you against...

Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take from 20 minutes to hours. Do not interfere no matter how long in takes. The creators of Malwarebyte recommend that while the tool is running that you go do something else, such as watching a rerun of Gone with the Wind or read Tolstoy's War and Peace.

If Malwarebyte restarts your system, launch it again to finish the Full scan.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

If you still experience any difficulties, please let me know. If not, your feedback will be appreciated.
Yeah great idea got anything else your selling. It can scan scan scan but how the hell does it find a file that no longer exists. Found a ton of threats but no fix
Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 21
Oct 10, 2010 at 08:49 PM
if you would like any information on any anti virus protection go to this web page ok then Cheers,

https://ccm.net/faq/10665-which-free-antivirus-is-the-best

or a very good one I like the most which does not slow down your computer is Avast and it has not let me down so fare.

https://www.avast.com/en-au/index
Mattie Posts 26 Registration date Friday July 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2011 12
Oct 10, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Press Alt+Ctrl+Del and open up your task manager. Find where it says "Start New Process" or something to that effect and enter "explorer.exe" and hit ok. It should come back.
IM having the same problems but no longer even have a windows disk to repair. I am thinking throw this bs pc out the window