No sound

Closed
anonymous - Dec 24, 2008 at 02:12 PM
jmp59 Posts 29298 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 - Dec 24, 2008 at 02:40 PM
Hello,
I am running windows xp, SP2 I recently reinstalled xp and I no longer have any drivers for anything. Everything is working fine except for the sound. I have tried multiple things including installing several different drivers untill it said i needed te UAA HD driver. After i installed that i tried installing some of teh drivers again and when it finished installing it said that i didnt have any media device. So i tried looking in under devices. It says i dont have an audio device. though i know for a fact that is there. IM running some sort of loegacy audio device, and have been working hard to try and get it to work properly. im running a compaq presario SR 1920NX. I really wish i could just find some random driver that would do the job and get me sound again :(.

Regards, Anonymous
Related:

1 response

jmp59 Posts 29298 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Dec 24, 2008 at 02:40 PM
Hello,

First clean ur computer
In Device Manager, Audio .....Controllers, uninstall the soud card.
In Add/Suppress Programs. suppress the line(s) with the word Audio or Sound.

Download and instal the Realtek HD driver from the Realtek Web site http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
Dont worry about UAA u have just suppressed. This driver will re-install it.