Adapter and router problems

Closed
gk - Dec 24, 2008 at 11:46 PM
 LINDSEY27ROCHELLE - Oct 26, 2009 at 04:50 PM
Hello,
please help me out!
so i received a free laptop from my cousin. he gave me a netgear 32 bit cardbus notebook adapter with the dell inspiron 4000. the netgear has an internet connection phone line in it. but the only way to use that line is to take the line from the cable box (which is on my main desktop computer) and connect it to my laptop. but then ill loose the internet connection on my desktop. so i do have a router. a wireless router, belkin model fsd6230-3. i bought a belkin adapter too. i used it for my internet connection on my old desktop. (i use to have two computers). i want to apply the router on the desktop and use the adapter on my laptop. but its been so long since i used it, that i don't have the CD anymore so i cant download new software. so then i decided ill just use the router and buy a belkin wireless card for the laptop. will that work? i dont know if my router will work because i don't have the CD to download it. or what are the new things i have to buy? the laptop is really old so there is no built in wireless.

but before when i applied the internet connection phone line into the netgear adapter which is in my laptop, it didn't work. the internet didn't work at all. so something is wrong either way

2 responses

jeromerm.cz Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday October 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2009 3
Dec 25, 2008 at 03:27 AM
hi,
even if you don't have the cd you can go in the official website of your product so as to download the software updates! thus you will be able to install it onto your pc and use the router promptly!
thank you so much.
but what i dont understand is, when i unplugged the internet phone line cord (which is connected to the cable box) from the main computer to the laptop, the internet still deosnt work. is it because the laptop had verizon installed onto it? my cable is time warner.
LINDSEY27ROCHELLE
Oct 26, 2009 at 04:50 PM
LINKSYS CD ,UNABLE TO CONNECT THE ROUTER