Old LCD monitor connection with new VGA card

Closed
Omar Hegazy - Nov 4, 2010 at 06:55 AM
 Omar Hegazy - Nov 5, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a solution to my problem. The problem is my old XeroX LCD receive no signal from my new MSI9500 VGA card while it was working well with my old XFX Ge-force7300 VGA card.Thanks in advance for your answer!Omar Hegazy.

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 4, 2010 at 05:09 PM
I would check the default screen size and refresh rate on the new card/driver. If the default is out of range of the old monitor then it will not "sync" and can't display an image. If you start the PC in Window2s "safe mode" does the new video card display an image? Safe mode uses the default VGA driver and a 640x480 screen size 60 HZ and should work for any video card.

Good Luck
Thank you for your reply. Actually i can't start in "safe mode" because when PC starts i can see nothing, so i can't go for "safe mode".
I tried to connect the DVI-VGA converter and connect the monitor through it, the result was that when PC starts i can see nothing through DOS screen because no signal, it only get signal when windows start at the "Welcome" phase and after. So i'll not be able to install new windows or modify anything via DOS as long as i connect this VGS card. Any suggestions ?