Unable to connect to the internet

Closed
Hawk - Nov 9, 2010 at 09:45 AM
 Hawk - Nov 9, 2010 at 12:45 PM
Hello,
I recently had everything deleted off my computer and installed windows 7 due to a virus. I can't get my modem or router to let me connect to the internet or allow my son to use his xbox live. I am very computer illeterate and pls help!

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 9, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Hello Hawk ,

Its not a question of being computer literate or illiterate as everyday i learn something new on computer and almost everything its not a shame not to know something you are free to seek for help and ask,lets come to your issue,you mentioned that you deleted everything and reinstalled windows 7,so have you formatted system or overwrite it?was it done by you or some one else?what about the drivers ?have you installed it or don't know about it at all?ill be very slow your the issue so that you also can understand what is happening and what you will be doing those ill tell you to.Please reply to my questions and ill guide you the rest.

Thanks
No I let someone else restore it. So I have no clue about formatting or overwriting, etc. It was all working fine last week before he did the work on it. Now I have unplugged the router and I have to manually connect to the internet b/c my modem isn't getting the IP address.Hope this helps you help me :)