- Windows XP internet woes
- Windows xp internet not working ✓ - Forum - Network
- No Internet connection after XP SP3 Update ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Can't connect to internet ✓ - Forum - Network
- Windows xp internet explorer not working ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Windows xp internet connected but browser not working - Guide
I would check to see if the correct drivers are installed for your computer. The XP disk has all drivers as of its release date. But, new laptop hardware is constantly created and new drivers must be manually added to Windows XP. It's common for laptop computers to need drivers from the manufacturer's web site. I would go the the laptop manufacturer's site and download the drivers - on your desktop. Copy them to a flash drive or a CD disk. Then use those drivers to update Windows on the laptop.