Windows XP internet woes

Solved/Closed
Jay - Nov 24, 2010 at 07:34 PM
 Jay - Nov 24, 2010 at 09:13 PM
Hello,
I just recently went through the trouble of reinstalling Windows XP onto my laptop, however after the install I can't get any Internet connectivity. I've tried using a wired connection but the LED on my router says there is an error. I've tried multiple cables and router ports and they all work with my desktop, so that isn't the problem, so I'm assuming it's some sort of driver error, but I still have no idea what to do. I would love any help you could give? EDIT BELOW:

It seems that my network adapter isn't being detected. Is there anyway to check what kind it is?

Please and thank you :)

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 24, 2010 at 08:16 PM
I would check to see if the correct drivers are installed for your computer. The XP disk has all drivers as of its release date. But, new laptop hardware is constantly created and new drivers must be manually added to Windows XP. It's common for laptop computers to need drivers from the manufacturer's web site. I would go the the laptop manufacturer's site and download the drivers - on your desktop. Copy them to a flash drive or a CD disk. Then use those drivers to update Windows on the laptop.

Good Luck
Thanks! Turns out i just needed to download the network adapter driver. Hopefully I'll have everything else up and running soon too. Cheers! :)