HP keyboard, mouse and volume buttons

Closed
JSt - Nov 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM
imateski Posts 9 Registration date Sunday December 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2010 - Dec 6, 2010 at 01:30 PM
Hello,
My HP DV7 on Windows Vista 64 bit was due for an upgrade for AVG to the new 2011 version. Never had problems with AVG before. I installed it and the computer froze up constantly. So i uninstalled it and the keyboard, mouse pad and touch volume controls at the top don't work anymore. Tried removing the battery, tried reinstalling driver software and checked properties of all malfunctioning hardware only to find that its "working properly". No I didn't drop it, it was left on the table the whole time, never moved. Im just short of restoring it unless anyone recommends something. Thanks.

Related:

1 response

verdasco1 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday December 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 1, 2010
Dec 1, 2010 at 12:14 AM
All the answers are already there in your question. I would recommend you to Reset your OS. Its the best thing you can do after you have installed a carppy Anti-Virus like AVG.
After your done with the Restore I also recommend you to please use ESET or Norton or even Avast will do. But please AVG has always been a pain in the butt, well if not for you but at least for me ;)
imateski Posts 9 Registration date Sunday December 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2010 1
Dec 6, 2010 at 01:30 PM
I second that. AVG is useless. I've been using Avast Free for the past several years, after trying out ESET and Norton. Norton isnt all that good (for my taste) and ESET was difficult to uninstall (back in 2007). Avast seems to work just fine, you can reinstall it, uninstall it, do whatever you want with it, and it wont mess up your system. Throw in it MalwareBytes AntiMalware or Spybot Search and Destroy and you're set.