No audio device installed

Closed
asuzie Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 3, 2010 - Dec 3, 2010 at 12:32 AM
 suzie - Dec 3, 2010 at 09:24 PM
Hello,

i'm trying to do what's been suggested by 'buckshot' but i cant even find 'device manager' in my toshiba xp! help!
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 3, 2010 at 04:33 AM
Hi,

There are two ways i actually use to access device manager on windows .Right click on My computer>manage>on left pane select device manager or press on start key + r then type devmgmt.msc pressing on ok/enter,here your device manager is open .Now complete the task you were trying for.As your titled mentioned no audio device installed,if the audio driver is missing it will be in yellow with exclamation mark.All to be done is to use driver cd of your computer or download it from its official manufacturer website and install the driver.Here is the download link if you do not have a driver cd:

https://support.dynabook.com/cgi-

bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp?nav=Download

Thanks
asuzie Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 3, 2010
Dec 3, 2010 at 09:18 AM
hi pcsces,

appreciate your reply. managed to find the 'manager device' thru your guide. thank u very much. but still cant do the task i wanted to do cos some folders missing. so i went to download the audio driver thru the link you've given. downloaded, ran, file unzipped. then came realtek high defination auto driver set up. while running, came out a warning on the screen - "microsoft bus driver should be loaded in your system before installing realtek HD audio driver!"

went back to the link you gave and search for 'bus driver' (like as if i know what i was looking for). still dont know what i should be looking....bummer... :(
Blocked Profile
Dec 3, 2010 at 09:59 AM
Hi,

Can you please start from the beginning of the issue you are facing so that i can have an idea of the situation,is all this happening after a windows formatting and installation?

Thanks
hi ,

yes i believe it all happened when i was removing/uninstalling programes which i thot i didnt or seldom use at all. i realised then each time when i on the laptop, there'll a prompting (warning) - 'cant access volume control!'. but i didnt think it really matters till now...

after reading the thread in here, i thot i could troubleshoot it myself. i mean all i need to do is to enable and disable or uninstall and reinstall thru the device manager but cant find some folders ie. sound system folder or high definition audio driver etc. that's when i realised this is a pretty serious problem.

thank u so much pcsces for the interest in wanting to help. i'm truly grateful.

cheers!