How to restore while having black screen?

Closed
ihavequestions Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2010 - Dec 16, 2010 at 06:39 PM
Dremorain Posts 22 Registration date Friday November 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2010 - Dec 17, 2010 at 01:17 PM
Hello, I'm new here, and I figured I get better answer with technology here than in yahoo.
to start off, I'm trying to fix my sister's laptop. I predict her laptop has a virus because it wouldn't even get to the logo when I turn on her laptop.
When I turn on her laptop, I get to the OS option between "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" and "Backup-Restore". When I choose the first option, it's just became a black screen and pretty much left as that. Something's probably wrong with her hard-drive or Hardware. So, I decided to restore it completely. However, I can't get into the login at least. And I even tried Safe Mode, plus with networking and Command Prompt. Basically, I tried all the options after pressing F8. And they all just stopped before the black screen.
Is there any way to restore it, under these conditions? I need steps or some demonstrations.
I appreciate it very much.

Related:

1 response

Dremorain Posts 22 Registration date Friday November 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2010 2
Dec 17, 2010 at 01:17 PM
Have you tried booting from disk?
A restore CD, that is. If nothing else, you might be able to get her a free/open source OS if you guys are on a budget.

Good luck, man.