Can't open raw file [Solved/Closed]

-
 erikalynnphotos -
Hello,

im using canon EOS 1000D and i can't open the raw file in cs3,

is the solution equivalent with those steps dat i found below?

Here's a direct link to Camera Raw 4.4.1:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/..._Raw_4_4_1.zip

Basically, you just unzip it and copy camera raw.8bi to the correct folder. Here are the instructions for CS3 under Windows:

After downloading a ".zip" file, use the operating system or a utility such as WinZip or PKZIP to access the file's contents.
To install with Adobe Creative Suite 3 or Photoshop CS3:

1. Exit Photoshop CS3.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C.
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as in step 4.
7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.

Note: If generic camera thumbnails appear in Adobe Bridge, follow these steps:

1. Check to make sure the plug-in was installed in the correct directory in step 4 above.
2. Start Bridge.
3. Choose Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.

Important: Purging the Central Cache deletes cached thumbnail information for all folders. It also deletes labels, ratings, and rotation settings for read-only files (for example, files on a CD or locked files) or file formats that don't have XMP support.

*copied from http://forums.steves-digicams.com/editors-photoshop-etc/140477-cs3-opening-raw-files-canon-40d.html

thanx!

1 reply

Registration date
Thursday August 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 3, 2016
Hello!
Here is all plugins according to your version of photoshop, or you can follow this steps.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Hello, I've downloaded the right plug-in for photoshop CS3 and followed everything the instructions listed from adobe.com.

But even after checking other forums stating similar problems - all with the same answers instructing the same thing - I STILL can't open a RAW NEF image on photoshop.

I have a Nikon D5000 and photoshop CS3, please help!

Newsletter

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!