How to format pen drive

Closed
karuva - Dec 18, 2010 at 03:38 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 19, 2010 at 03:46 PM
Hello,
I've transcend 8gb pen drive. After using it in my car playset . I am unable to format it. When i try to format it it always say as "Write Protected Cannot Format".
Guy pls solve this.
thanks in advance.

Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 18, 2010 at 05:12 AM
Hello Again,

I suggest that you pen may be infected.

1. Download

http://usbfix.softonic.fr/telecharger

The download is in French but once downloaded the tool will be in English.

2. Using Win 7 you must deactivate the user account control

3. Plug in your pen and all other removal devices susceptible of infection.

4. Double click on the USB Fix icon

5. Click on the delete button and leave the tool work. The start menu and desktop icons will dissapear, don't be alarmed, it's perfectly normal

If a message asks you to reboot, please proceed. Upon rebooting the tool will continue to work.

When finished a log will open with a report on the work done.

Good luck

P.S. The log will be saved in C root
dude sry to disturb again can u consult the software in eng i can't understand anything...
can i contact u by any quickest way
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 18, 2010 at 03:49 PM
Hello Karuva

Please, don't call me dude, I detest it!

I don't exactly understand the question. Remember this is not software, it's a tool. Once you have it on your desktop, and click twice on it, it should be in English. I sort of guess that it's not your case.

The delete button is "supprimer". The rest is irrelevant in your case.

Let me know
sry yaar,
i don know what it is like. After installing that tool a injection like icon appeares on the desktop. When i click it. It s all not in eng nd i cann't able to solve it. I even tried to copy write protect diable reg file but i can't. Pls help me,

Awaiting fr ur reply...
what can i do yaar, pls help me
Dec 19, 2010 at 04:44 AM
Hello Karuva,

As I mentioned before, a Window will open, you pen should be plugged. Click on the "Supprimer" button of that Window.
i tried it yaar. But no effect.. Sry to give you bad news always.
Dec 19, 2010 at 03:46 PM
That's okay, we will get to it!

Click on the below link and try "JetFlash Online Recovery"

http://www.transcendusa.com/products/online_recovery.asp

Follow the step by step instructions.

Good Luck.
Dec 18, 2010 at 04:11 AM
Greetings

You must first remove the protection here is how:

To remove write protection:
*Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this will open the registry editor.
*Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies*

Double click the key WriteProtect in the right pane and set the value to 0

*In the Value Data Box and press OK button

*Exit Registry, restart your computer and then again re-connect your USB pen drive on your computer.
no yaar i tried it it's not working i'm try to solve it again..
pls some other solution. can i use any software