ITunes won't work

Solved/Closed
Jimmerz - Dec 19, 2010 at 09:49 AM
 Jimmerz - Dec 24, 2010 at 08:13 AM
Hello,

I am running Windows XP on my desktop. I have been using Itunes for years and it has worked fine till about two weeks ago. I had been having issues with my computer being very slow so I began using several freeware programs to clean up my computer. I used Repair Doctor, AVG PC Analyzer, PC Pitstop, Glary Utilities, and Advanced System Care. I discovered that ITunes was no longer usable after using AVG PC Analyzer. I have gone back and reversed all the changes that I made using PC Analyzer and have also used Windows System Restore to go back to a time previous to most of the clean up activities. I have uninstalled ITunes several times and then reinstalled using various combinations of installing ITunes and QuickTime. QuickTime is working fine, but ITunes is not working. I click on the ITunes icon and nothing happens. Any suggestions? Plz help.

3 responses

Anonymous User
Dec 19, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Greatings!
It's your freeware programs that detected iTunes like a potentially dangerous program and add it to their unwanted programs that's why you can't open it. You need to add itunes.exe to exclusions unwanted programs from your freeware programs.
Thank you. I'll try that. I appreciate the help.
Anonymous User
Dec 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM
You're welcome! :D
I have the exact same problem, did you get a fix for it?
The comment below by bionik sent me in the right direction.

bionik 71Posts August 18, 2010Registration date December 24, 2010Last seen Dec 19, 2010 3:01pm GMT
Greatings!
It's your freeware programs that detected iTunes like a potentially dangerous program and add it to their unwanted programs that's why you can't open it. You need to add itunes.exe to exclusions unwanted programs from your freeware programs.

I had recently acquired and ran Advanced SystemCare PRO v3. I just took the program off my computer, rebooted and the problem was solved.