Hdd mass storage

Closed
ano_habo Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 19, 2010 - Dec 19, 2010 at 05:24 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Dec 20, 2010 at 08:59 AM
Hello,
i have toshiba laptop now using windows 7 , i had befor one hp , it was totally damaged so i took the hdd to use it as mass storage device it was running on vista

when i connect the hdd (was divided to H & I) i can not open the hdd , it keep telling me that i need to format vlome H & I , volume H when i check to format it i have message that it's not connected and volume i i check to frmatt it but no progress at alll

one of these 2 drives was a recovery drive

please help

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 20, 2010 at 08:59 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

If you don't have any important file and want to format that drive then

Click on Start --> In search box, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.

"Disk Management" window will be opened.

Right-click on that particular partition --> Select the option "Format".

Check the check box "Perform a quick format" and click on OK.

If you still having problem in formatting that drive then delete that partition and

create it.

In the "Disk Management", right-click on that partition --> You can find the option

delete.Select that option and follow the instructions. Now to create a partition

you can find the instructions in the below link. Refer "To create and format a

partition (volume)" --> Follow the instructions from Step 3

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Good Luck